Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend self catering in Scotland
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

There are 6 of us (3 couples) looking for a New Year self catering trip and wonder if anyone has any recommendations and/or knows if anywhere is available?

Criteria are quite loose so anything really!

alfabus
    Free Member

I’d say you’re probably too late! (sorry)

we book a cottage with mates every new year, and we normally do it in about September – after that they all get booked up quick!

Good luck, regardless.

Dave

ElShalimo

The Green House, ettrickbridge
    40 mins from Glentress, 45 mins from Kielder
    Superb cottage

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crankboy
    Free Member

http://www.garmoransquare.com/

This is our favorite place in our favorite area. If in was actually on the Ardnamerchan peninsula it would be nirvana but less accessible and not have as easy access to the busy metropolis that is Acharacle.

benz
    Free Member

Google Gavinburn Cottages.

Although that are likely booked up. Cracking views and riding out the door.

alanl
    Free Member

I’ve stayed here, between Selkirk and Hawick a few times. Lovely place and area.
    No chance of getting a booking there over New Year this late though.

Home

matt_outandabout

For this new year, 99% will be booked, and will cost a fortune. Our next door holiday cottage was usually £330-£400 a week for a two bedroom place. Last year’s Hogmany was £1200 for 3 days. 😯

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Been sending off a load of emails and have had a few come back that are available so far, so we’re not buying the ‘everywhere is booked’ line at all 🙂 There’s always a way if there’s a will.

Cheers, still keen for any recommendations.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member
    scotroutes

Affordable, available, desirable – pick two 😉

Depends what the 3 couples plan on getting up to I guess – e.g. you may want to check local hostelries/eateries will be open. I’ve certainly made that mistake in the past – heading into a small town on Hogmanay only to find everything closed.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

We’re looking to stay in for New Year, few bottles of bubbly and a good group of mates. The more isolated the better. Few options so far, should be ace!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Blue Reef Cottages on Harris

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend self catering in Scotland’ is closed to new replies.