Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend my new tyres
  • keppoch

OK, so I have read a few other threads but nothing like starting another tyre thread 😉

Currently using a 2.2 Rubber Queen on the front and a 2.25 Crossmark on the rear in 26″ on an old Yeti 575.

Like the RQ but wonder if a Purgatory would be a similar cheaper alternative?

Like the Crossmark but wonder what the next step up is in grip? Have tried and didn’t like Ardent/Advantage.

Currently using tubes but looking for something that I could use tubeless in the near future.

And where should I buy? So many variants it’s baffling!

Thanks.

davewalsh
    Free Member

What did you not like about the Ardent/Advantage vs the Crossmark? As someone who has ridden all three I’d say the Ardent is the next step up in grip (or maybe a RaRa, IMO they’re lighter but not as grippy as the Ardent).

As for where to buy, my default is http://www.nextdaytyres.co.uk Does exactly as the URL suggests.

Northwind

Purgatory is not that much like a RQ, I wouldn’t consider it an alternative- fairly hard rubber, it doesn’t have the grip of black chili (though the tread’s better in mud).

Mmm. Straight after I stopped using rubber queens I swapped back to my old nevegals, and they’re pretty similiar in overall performance. That was 2.4 RQ to 2.35 Nevegal stick-e on the front. But nevegals are definitely Not Cool any more 😉

wiggles
    Free Member

I have tried to full range of specialized and butcher is the one to got for on the front and then purg or ground control on the rear.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Like the Crossmark but wonder what the next step up is in grip?

If your riding is off road and involved corners anything is grippier than a Crossmark (of death) 🙂
    In summer I run Ardent’s both ends but it’s a bit drier here in Tasmania but not much different to the UK summer. Currently stepping it up for winter with a HRII up front.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Butcher up front, purgatory grid on the back.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend my new tyres’ is closed to new replies.