Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • recommend me..some good roof bars for galaxy,alhambra or sharan??
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

i need roof bars for a roof box but also a possibility in the future is a roof type bike carrier.campatability with this is also a factor.
    what have you got?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Thule. Shop around online for huge savings over halfrauds. Aero bars would be my choice, but watch compatibility with roof box fittings.

Helios
    Free Member

+1 for Thule,

I've now been using the same pair of bars for 7 years on 4 different cars courtesy of just getting a new set of feet to match each car at £25 a pop…

RustyMac

Just fitted a set of thule aero roof bars with mont blank bike carriers to my car yesterday after reading a bunch of good reviews, wen't down the cheep route of 2nd hand parts from fleabay. Fitting instructions would have been handy (I assume they would have come with new parts) but i figured it out in the end roof rack feels alot more secure than my previous bike rack.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Yep, same here. Thule all the way!! 😉

iainc

I have just changed from Thule square bars to aero ones as I was changing car to one with roof rails. The aero ones do look nice, but I reckon it will be a faff taking the bike carriers on and off – take end cover off, pull out rubber, remove carriers (3 of). Then when comes to put them back on will have to remember which bit of cut rubber goes in which gap etc…… I think the square ones with clamp on fittings were more user friendly.

Muke
    Free Member

I'm guessing you already have roof rails and just want bars.If not I have Galaxy roof bars that clamp into the roof channel sat in the garage gathering dust.

StuF

Thule here – you need a longer bar than normal but then able to swap bars / foot packs / bike carriers on to other cars. Soon I'll have to work out how to get 6 bike on. skidrive.co.uk the best place for them

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘recommend me..some good roof bars for galaxy,alhambra or sharan??’ is closed to new replies.