Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me somewhere to camp in gwynedd wales
  • jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Looking to have a beach (and I’ll sneak off for a day and an evening ride somewhere also) holiday in gwynedd this July. I’ve stayed in aberdovey before which was great but found it a bit out of the way so was thinking this time Maybe tywyn, barmouth or porthmadog instead (llyn peninsula a bit to far)

Currently found two campsites that look good (for a tent)
    Hendre mynach in barmouth
    Twnllwyn campsite in tywyn

Any recommendations for area would be appreciated please folks

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Home

Not actually on the beach but not too far from it. Fab views and direct access to walking and cycling trails. Coed y Brenin just down the road, Cadair Idris behind you and Barmouth and Fairbourme an easy jaunt down the Mawddach trail.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Cheers sj looks very nice, if not a little pricey for a pitch (for a family).
    Certainly worth considering though

beiciwr64
    Free Member

This one is nice but it can get busy.
    It’s close to CYB,Antur and other natural trials.

trout
    Free Member

Seconded Graigwen great little campsite in a smashing location

Pont Scethin ride is a classic

jonr8
    Free Member

This one is between Barmouth and Harlech. Been going there for nearly 40 years. Awesome location about 100 yards from the beach. Basic facilities but lovely site. Non members are accommodated too.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

Jon, I’m a member so had seen that one and it’s on my list, basic facilities don’t usually pass with the better half but there is always something wrong isn’t there, graigwen looked perfect but the toilets being 10 mins away up a steep hill put an end on that one.

The one recommended by 64 looks really cool though

Ambrose

This place gets some OK reviews. Cae Du campsite.

If you are a climber there is some great bouldering to be had on the beach.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Re grain wen. Although the main facilities are up the hill, there is a composting loo down near the main site I think which was absolutely fine. There is also a camping area with hookup close to the facilities. Worth a call to check.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We stayed at Cae Du last week. Fantastic site, cheap, excellent (but basic – toilets and showers, not a lot else) facilities and literally right on the beach. We had some less than kind weather and theres nowhere to shelter so I’d only go if the forecast is looking good but its a stunning site.

Big plus is that they encourage/allow camp fires. The owner will sell you big bundles of firewood and kindling.

Think we’ll go back in August. Only 30 mins drive to CyB but the owner said there was some good riding on the doorstep up and over the tops towards Dolgellau.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me somewhere to camp in gwynedd wales’ is closed to new replies.