Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me something to wear under my baggies
  • Schweiz
    Free Member

As above really. Shorts are usually Endura Singletrack but I find the Endura and Fox undershorts shapeless and poorly fitting. Any alternatives out there? Most roadie orientated lycra is cut wrongly for me (36" waist, big quads and proper "man sized arse"

Anyone got any suggestions?

bruneep

36" waist, big quads and proper "man sized fat arse 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

nothing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrNutt
    Free Member

Lummox

Dhb bibs or the better endura lycras have been great for me. 6'5 38-40 waist is xxl in endura and xl in dhb, possibly step up a size in bibs as the crutch to shoulder distance can be a bit 'snug'

TooTall
    Free Member

If you have child-bearing hips (fat aerse and 'curvy' thighs), try women's cut lycra?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Most roadie orientated lycra is cut wrongly for me

It's just a matter of finding something that fits. I'm, err, 'chunky' 😉 but not very tall, so I need something that's shorter in the leg and nice'n'stretchy. After trying a few, Pearl Izumi fits me best. You can't beat good lycra bibs under MTB baggies IMO 🙂

bassspine
    Free Member

I've given up on padded shorts after years of betty swollocks and painful bum, and much more comfortable for it.

(I work on my bike, so I may have callouses on my ar5e though)

go on, try normal pants!

Haze

Dhb bibs again…

el_creedo
    Free Member

Go commando, I commute and ride decent distances off road (even in winter!) in this liberating fashion.
    So long as you don't favour a knife-like saddle, and you wear your shorts the way they're cut to be worn (i.e. not so your arse crack is visible to the world!) you should be plenty comfy – and lovely and cool in the summer if your shorts have vents!
    (awaits endless abuse!!)

Schweiz
    Free Member

Sorry, perhaps the big arse, big thighs information gave the wrong impression.

I'm 6'4 with 36" waist so not really out of proportion. The size of the arse is more rugby player then XC whippet. Perhaps a picture of it would clarify further??

I need some (additional) padding for all day (and multi day) epics. The best padding definitely comes from high end lycra but would appreciate if anyone has any suggestions for quality lycra that fits real men properly.

Cheers

Schweiz

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I am of very similar build to you and the with 'cheap' Endura range I would agree are not all that clever, but I now use the MT500 Endura short under my Endura Singletracks and I have to say they are the best combo I have ever used – for a 36 waist make sure you go for the XL though as Endura are cut slightly on the small side!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I wear Altura Progels lycra shorts under my Singletracks – very comfy indeed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me something to wear under my baggies’ is closed to new replies.