Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • recommend me some winter bib tights please
  • sofaking
    Free Member

my old specialized ones of about 14 years are giving up on me

peteimpreza

Why change from Spesh if they served you well for such a long time?

I use Assos but I was able to get a mint pair s/h for a very good price.

sofaking
    Free Member

not saying i will change , just wondering what else to consider

petefromearth

i got some endura ones for christmas – fleecy on the inside, thick, windproof down the front of the legs, and good bib straps (perfect for tucking a merino baselayer into)

they make riding in the cold an absolute pleasure

it’s tempting sometimes to just wear them round the house and switch the central heating off…

stanleyfearncycles
    Free Member

Lusso Max Repel(£55).We’ve been selling them for several years.They are very comfy,warm and water-repellant.Despite the Mediterranean sounding name,Lusso are actually made in Manchester,where they know a thing or two about shite weather !

Janesy
    Free Member

Spesh RBX knikkers. Lovely, although look like a right ponse in public.

sefton
    Free Member

bought some Gore bibs (can’t remember the exact name but like all Gore stuff they are excellent)!

downshep

IainC’s bum was looking particularly fetching in a pair of dhb’s when we were riding up the Whangie the other day. He’s well pleased with the quality / cost.

iainc

hey, I never knew you thought of me that way 😀

The DHB Roubaix ones are great – very good value and outperform the Endura Thormolite’s the replaced

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’ve got some XXL Gore Contest bibtights that I’m selling. Same as THESE

sofaking
    Free Member

I’ve got some XXL Gore Contest bibtights that I’m selling.

thanks but seeing as i have a 32 waist they will be more like baggies 😕

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Fair enough. I can strongly recommend Gore kit though.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Depends how cold it gets where you ride. I love my Pearl Izumi amFIB tights when it gets into deep winter. The front of the tights don’t let any cold air through to chill you while the back allows sweat to be released. They are also water repelant on those cold, wet days. Winters here rarely get above freezing and these tights have been worth their weight in gold. They are not cheap but you pays your money.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Endura thermolites here. Not the ones with windstopper front all the way down – they weren’t flexible enough – the ones with just the shins coated.

Algore
    Free Member

For ultimate warmth I like my GORE Fusion SO tights.

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve been wearing the Gore Contest II WS bibtights for the last couple of winters. Comfy fit, and the windstopper panels on the front of the legs keeps most of the draughts at bay. Nice wide shoulder straps don’t dig in.

anc
    Free Member

Endura stuff seems to have very dubious durability nowadays, stopped buying there gear 5 or 6 years ago. For the win its got to be Assos, but for value and function Gore and Pearl Uzumi are well worth considering.

singletracksurfer

endura stealth bibs (waterproof and fleecy) for the worst conditions.

had some endura shorts that tore after 1+ yrs which they simply replaced for some nice new ones 😀

neninja
    Free Member

Altura Ergofit windstopper – warm, comfy, good fit

flebby
    Free Member

endura thermolite biblongs – very good. legs dont feel any cold air on them at all.

Stuey01
    Free Member

With or without pad?
    I prefer unpadded tights over padded shorts.

Can’t go wrong with Gore. But as with all things, the fit is king.

flyingfox
    Free Member

Little bit different but I swear by Craft Storm (price going up next year so get them now!) or Santini H2O. The rep was trying to sell us Santini for ages and eventually I gave in. Turns out he was telling the truth – they are absolutely phenomenal – easily the best tights I’ve ever had.

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

+1 For Endura Stealth Extreme – Fleecy Inner + waterproof
    +1 for Endura Stealth Light – no fleecy inner, but still waterproof

trickydisco
    Free Member

The shuttvr stuff gets rave reviews on road.cc and bikeradar

http://www.shuttvr.com/shop/search.php?id=32

footstomper
    Free Member

+1 for the Lusso Max Repel I have had these 2 years now and they are great in cold weather

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was going to ask the same question as stuey01. For me, without a pad, then I can use them a few days on the trot with fresh padded shorts underneath. Seems easier to find them with pads though.

Dekerf
    Free Member

I have just got some DHB Roubaix tights and some Castelli ones, while the DHB ones are alright, they are not in the same league as the Castelli ones (which cost twice as much). The DHB’s are warm and comfortable, don’t know about long term use though.

The Castelli ones are brillant, fit is so much better than the DHB’s and they feel very good, you don’t even notice them at all. First ride out (on the road) was in the rain and they stayed warm all the time.

Depends on your budget really…

Used to have some endura ones, which like all endura stuff is now poor quality with a bad fit. Personally i would never buy another Endura piece of crap again.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some winter bib tights please’ is closed to new replies.