Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Recommend me some wide flat bars
  • bol

I’m putting longer forks on my Solaris and want to go back to flat bars to compensate. I’m currently using Easton Haven low rise 711mm. I’ve got a set of ec70 685mm flatties, but I think they’re now going to feel too narrow. Any recommendations other than a set of 2014 720mm ec70s before I hit the button? Oh, and anywhere cheaper for ec70s than CRC?

gee
    Free Member

Salsa do some Salt Flats in 710mm – alloy or ti.

GB

crocodilian
    Free Member

Salsa Whammy Bar? I think it’s about 780mm.

Bazz

On one do some wide El Guapo ones, around £20 and 710mm wide iirc.

rickon
    Free Member

You could just flip the stem?

720mm bars are narrow not wide BTW. 😉

bol

According to the trees where I ride, 700mm bars are pretty wide. I have to wiggle as it is. I’ve got a zero rise stem, so would have to replace that rather than flip it.

I like the look of the salsa ti bar, but £200 is a bit rich for handlebars.

Alex

I have a Salsa 700mm flat bar that was great on my 29er. Replaced it with a 780 🙂 Oozy I think. It’s in the shed somewhere – can find the name tomorrow if you like. Salsa flat bars are a great shape/weight/price. Definitely recommended.

Alloy for me tho. Ti? Madness!

CheesybeanZ

Niner flat tops are good , 710mm with enough back sweep .

nosedive
    Free Member

nukeproof do a cheap lightish flat 780. avoid the ones painted yellow though. nasty looking

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

Gravity Light CSI flat @740mm.. light and strong and good looking!

http://www.bike24.com/p28486.html

Frankers
    Free Member

I’ve got Thomson carbon flat bars on my Solaris

Northwind

Is the Gravity Light not a carbon wrapped alu bar? It’s not that light, 50% heavier than the Kinesis Strut frinstance

vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve got a 760 Nuke lowrise that used to be on my Zesty but was a bit twitchy for my liking there. It’s on my Soul now and I’m very happy with it there. Black, not yellow, mind. 25mm rise is probs more than you wanted. It’s not really light nor heavy but feels good.

Know what you mean about trees… there are some in a woods I ride that I can *just* get the 720 Answer’s on my Cham through.

CRC still have Answer Protaper Experts in 13mm/720 for £30 (black with gold flashes) and Black and White RF Evolve flat bars in 720 for similar pricing. At 245g the RF is pretty light for the money too, in my book (luddite isn’t shocked by 300g handlebars 🙂 )

Northwind

OT but I was absolutely delighted to hear people complaining at the last race I did that “The trail is too narrow”. No sir, it is your bars which are too ridiculous.

oxym0r0n

+1 niner – I have some on on Solaris

KevinPP
    Free Member

I’m running a Kinesis Strut and an Exotic (720mm) bar. Both are excellent.

bol

The Niner looks nice – and I’ve had one before – but the carbon version is silly money isn’t it?

I like the Strut too, but a bit too wide.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I think flatout cycles have got a good deal on flat bars.. there was a psa a few weeks back

bikeneil
    Free Member

Kinesis Strut and a hacksaw?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The Niner looks nice – and I’ve had one before – but the carbon version is silly money isn’t it?

£139 mine were from stif

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some wide flat bars’ is closed to new replies.