Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me some transition lenses for riding glasses
  • rossburton
    Free Member

I need to wear glasses (-2.00 sphere, moderately short sighted) and have a pathological fear of contact lenses, so I’d like to get some prescription riding sunnies. I’ve already picked up a cheap pair of sunglasses (some sailing ones that Singletrack reviewed for £20) and am having trouble deciding what to reglaze them with… ideally one pair would be suitable for most riding but the frames don’t have swappable lenses so something reactive seems like a good idea, especially so I don’t need to carry my usual glasses for a cafe stop.

Normal transitions? Something more niche such as “NXT Photochromic Day-Night” (23% light amber to 82% dark grey)? Something else?

rossburton
    Free Member

Anyone?

nickharv

I’ve got a pair of Oakley prescription glasses with the standard grey Transitions lenses and they’re fine for me all year round. Occassionally I’d like them a little darker but overall they work well.

JAG

I bought some Oakley Turbine and had them re-glazed by Cilliary Blue (as recommended by STW!) with prescription/transition lenses.

I chose the “XtrActive (HC)” option because they claim to darken better/quicker more when used inside a car.

So far (1 month of use) I’m very happy with them.

rossburton
    Free Member

XtrActive with CB was indeed on my shortlist (wearing clear lenses by them right now). If you’re happy with them then I think I’ve found a winner.

rossburton
    Free Member

Hm, grey or brown. Are tints actually useful or just cosmetic?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Hm, grey or brown. Are tints actually useful or just cosmetic?

IME tints make quite a difference riding in improving contrast. Amber/persimmon/orange tends to work best off road as it works well with greenery. My new Endura’s go lighter and change quicker than my old specialized but i miss the orange tint.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some transition lenses for riding glasses’ is closed to new replies.