Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Recommend me some summer gloves that last longer than a year.
  • kudos100
    Free Member

I’ve been using 661 raji’s for the last few year and although a great glove, they don’t last. I buy a new pair every year as they go at the fingers.

Anyone recommend something that is thin but tougher than the raji?

messiah
    Free Member

Loving my Answer Fall Line gloves.

Somehow they are almost warm enough for winter and yet cool through the summer. They don’t give me blisters like Royal and 661 gloves do… and as a bonus they are still going after over a year. I just bought some more; not because the ones I have are failing but simply because they are ace.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I got tired of 661 gloves lasting 3 months before tearing open at the fingertips.

After researching I thought I’d try the Troy Lee XC gloves. I’ve had a pair for over a year now and they’re good as new, brilliant gloves.

chilled76
    Free Member

I’ve managed to get 4 years out of a pair of sidewinders.

Paul

jools182
    Free Member

Troy Lee

I’ve got a pair that must be 5 years old, been through the wash a few times and they’re still good

Simon

Troy Lee Ace, last ages and have a big snot wipe.

superfli
    Free Member

Got some Endura Singletrack’s. They have lasted me 1+1/2years so far.

kudos100
    Free Member

Going to give the answers a try, cheers for the recommendations.

bigrich
    big_scot_nanny

I’ve jjust bought a second pair of Royal ones (sorry, not sure which, almountainy with a pure, I think, chamoix palm)

bloody wonderful, seen me through 2 seasons inc 2x Passportes weekends, bought a second pair in case I lose the current ones.

Need a bigger snot wipe though…

jam-bo

poc index air. lovely gloves, had them since last year and showing no real signs of wear.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Specialized BG Ridge.

Really comfortable (the top is a light, stretchy mesh that is great for the summer and there is gel padding on the palm) and well made. I’ve had mine for five years, during which time they’ve been through the wash countless times, and they’re still going strong.

Cheap too. Currently in the sale for £14.99 at Tredz, if you’re a small or medium.

br
    Free Member

It really depends on how much you ride, and crash…

I find that Endura Singletracks are a good compromise between protection, fit, feel and price. I get about 18mths out of them, before they need some work, obviously a crash can make them needing ‘remedial’ work.

But last year I ended up wearing 2-3 season gloves all year, the weather was that crap – Endura Dexters, windproofs. But also through winter as they were warm enough, just.

Northwind

Are Fox any good again? They used to be brilliant then they went a bit weird and plastic. I scoured the internet for old-model Sidewinders, best glove I’ve used by miles but the newer model is rotten

jonba
    Free Member

My 661 gloves have lasted for ages. They are white though so I only wear them in the dry.

It really matters how much you wear the gloves. Most mtb brand I’ve tried have lasted less than a year if I use them for commuting.

There was a thread on here over a year ago about alternative glove makes

http://www.goclc.com/Products/Work-Gloves-High-Dexterity-Flex-Grip

I got some tradesman gloves which have been going strong for about 12 months daily use. No sign of wearing out yet.

ebay was best for price.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Giro DNDs are my go-to glove. Very simple and heavier materials that are standing up well so far.

On the other hand (pun intended) I have two pairs of Giro Remedys, which while comfortable, do seem to be very fragile. I’ve stitched together holes on both pairs of gloves already.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

+1 to ashfanman. On my second pair in 6 years, only replaced the first set as I ripped them on a bramble bush after falling.

nickc

Troy lee XC.

Used to be a sidewinder fan, but they messed about too much with them

BillOddie

Fox Incline.

Nice simple palm (no gel rubbish) with decent leather that doesn’t go baggy.
    No extraneous s*** all over the back, just a fabric and velcro closing.
    Cheap (can be had for less than £15).

Not mesh thin on the back but in reality they aren’t sweaty.

alfabus
    Free Member

troy lee xc 🙂

Stevelol
    Free Member

See, should have bought the Troy Lees 😉 😀

warpcow
    Free Member

Troy Lee XC here too, for longevity. I still love my old Giro Xens though. Had to sew them back together after just 2wks, but they’ve held together ever since and still fit better than anything else I’ve tried.

mindmap3
    Free Member

My faithful TLD XC’s got binned this year….I bought them in 2005. The gloves were fine, it was the Velcro that died so I couldn’t tighten then up.

My TLD Airs have lasted really well too

I’ve also got some Race Face buzz saws or something and they have a really thin back. I doubt they’d last loads of crashes but mine seem to be holding up well.

My current favourite pair if gloves though are some O Neil MX ones…only thing missing is a snot wipe. They just seem to fit me perfectly.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ash fan man has it – i have a pair very similar from altura , love the light mesh back with zero padding.

kiwijohn

After going through several pairs of Troy Lee XCs & GPs, I got some Oakley Factory Pilots.
    They’ve lasted a lot longer than any Troy Lee.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Dakine Ventilators. Mind you, they didn’t get too much use last ‘Summer’.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

My Sombrios have lasted well, crashed in a good few times too

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some summer gloves that last longer than a year.’ is closed to new replies.