Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me some shorts
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Need a new pair of shorts and have some vouchers to spend.

Been wearing Singletrack shorts for years but fancy a change. Will be for trail riding and odd uplift days.

What’s good out there? Ideally need a zip pocket at least.

rhayter

Endura Humvee. That is all.

tomhoward

Troy Lee Ace for me. Love mine.

Everything I’ve owned including Humvees has ripped/worn through at the arse/crotch – except Troy Lee Moto’s.

Liked the look of some Endura Zymes I picked up in a shop the other week though – they are quite casual though.

matther01
    Free Member

Have humvees but a bit weighty for this weather. I picked up a pair of mavic red rocks with inners for £55…and they are great…but go down a size with mavic…im 34″ waist and med were too big.

toby1

The new singletracks have the most pointless double poppers on the waistband, they don’t stay closed for me – makes the shorts un-usable. I ended up with Humvee’s but I hate the colours and the camo ones are just a bit naff looking really (It was what I ended up with in the end anyway though as I needed something and local shops only sell Endura).

Opps – meant to add that although lightweight and prone to damage the MT500’s are the best of the lot – just more expensive!

dab

Haglofs Ardents
    Some garish and not so colours
    But ultra comfortable, durable and seem to be good for
    Most weathers as they repel the wet

Pricey , but vs gore etc not too bad

headfirst
    Free Member

Just bought some dhb aerons from wiggle. Super lightweight and no worries about flapping about or getting the gusset caught on your saddle.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

if you want light then MT500s are good IMO.

For tougher I use Troy Lee Motos.

Northwind

Altura Mayhems for me- well made, last forever, nice fit (on the baggy side but not mental). Zip pocket on the bum, 2 pretty safe pockets on the front and a wee watch pocket too for some reason. I got a pair free with a magazine subscription about 3 years ago, they’ve seen pretty constant use since then- got another pair last year, I can’t tell which is which as neither show any sign of wear.

jim25

Troy lee Moto’s are good and tough, but not ideal in hot long pedal rides. They get very hot. Better for dh blasts

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers for the input. Fancy a pair of Troy Lee’s or even some Royal’s

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some shorts’ is closed to new replies.