Recommend me some roof bars

Home Forum Chat Forum Recommend me some roof bars

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Recommend me some roof bars
  • Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber
    rewski

Thule here, not cheap but no complaints thus far, fit four bikes too.

ask1974

Thanks Cougar.

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

I should probably elaborate a little.

I’ve used them a couple of times. Their configurator thing is really useful, tells you what you need. Prices are the cheapest I’ve found, and their customer service is excellent.

MRanger156

Thule Aero – worth the money. I used http://www.skidrive.co.uk when I got mine.

Premier Icon Capt. Kronos
    Subscriber

Whispbar

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/roof-bars/roof-bars-prorack.php

Absolutely fantastic – I leave em on all the time as there is no appreciable noise increase or mpg hit. And they look pretty good (for a roof bar).

deadlydarcy

Cougorgeous +1

Used them too. Excellent service. Thule here too – always easy to sell on if you change cars and need different bars.

ask1974

Just found the whisper bar Kronos, I take it that’s a firm recommendation. Will check out the aero too.

eyerideit

Roofbox are brilliant, give them a call and they’ll sort out out over the phone.

I’ve got Thule wing bars which are pretty good with altera bike carriers.

sc-xc

Another vote for whispbar. I have had Thule Aero, and these are way, way better. Future proofed when you change car, unlike Thule

petrieboy

Just bought a roofbox from roofbox.co.uk and very pleased with the service.

That said, I picked up a pair of Thule roof bars for £10 and a foot pack and fitting kit for £30 on eBay so worth a look if you are not in a hurry.

Premier Icon jonny m
    Subscriber

I have some Thule aero roof bars for sale at the minute if your interested.they are 150cm long if that is suitable for your car?

ask1974

We have a 06 plate VW Passat and need some roof bars to fit the rails. Prices seem all over the place from £20 on eBay to over £200 from Halfords (Thurle). Could someone recommend something that’s not too noisy and won’t break the bank. Cheers.

ask1974

Last minute unfortunately, a loan set fell through and off very soon. Can’t rely on eBay. Jonny, I know zip about these things, if interested I assume I’d need the right fitting for a Passat as well?

Premier Icon jonny m
    Subscriber

Yes you need the feet pack too. Thule website or sky drive website is a good place to look. You put in your car details and it brings up the correct foot pack requiref

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some roof bars’ is closed to new replies.