Recommend me some riding headphones!

Home Forum Bike Forum Recommend me some riding headphones!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me some riding headphones!
  • z1ppy

Sennheiser for me, MM70 Ip, would be my recommendation, three ear bud sizes to get the correct fit
    (having had MM30/50 & 70’s – all destroyed due to my own mishandling)

Premier Icon kiwijohn
    Subscriber

ultimate ears 400vi. Mine have been through the wash unharmed. They also have the remote with mic. The 300 has over the ear cables & is a bit cheaper.

Premier Icon stevomcd
    Subscriber

Ride on my own with music quite a lot at this time of year. My old riding headphones have finally given up. They were great – sennheiser earbud things with a sort of wire that looped up over your head. Very minimalist so went under a helmet no problem and never fell out of your ears.

Don’t seem to be available any more, so anyone got any recommendations for riding with?

Normal (i.e. Apple) earbuds don’t stay in when pedalling hard or riding on rough ground and I’m a mutant with virtually no ear-lobes, so a lot of clip-on styles don’t work for me.

j3ffo

Check out Yurbuds. Saw a mention of them on here somewhere, got a pair recently. Seriously impressed, absolutely no chance they will fall out during exercise and sound great too.

If you are feeling flush Etymotic with custom fit are expensive but secure and very comfortable. Don’t use them on the road – very effective isolation from traffic noise so likely to lead to biff bang wallop type incident eventually…

+1 etymotic research. Have the hf3’s at the mo (upraded from hf2) and once in can hear nothing other than the music

I use cheapish skullcandy ones like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skullcandy-INKD-Earbuds-Silver-Black/dp/B003HL04H8/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_0

…and they work very well – press right into your ears like ear plugs and stay in place no problem. Down side is the plug bit can come off and you’re very insulated from external sound. However, that can be very nice as you don’t hear the howling wind and rain that’s so popular at the moment.

Cx300II sennheisers…

Toasty

Cheapy Sony ones here, I prefer the open ones that let you still hear what’s going on, something like these. Much better sound quality than stock iPod ones, very noticable difference jumping between the two and cheap enough to replace. No issue with them falling out here, neither does the missus who uses the same.

Premier Icon stevomcd
    Subscriber

Thanks all – those Yurbuds look great, wee bit £££ though (still good value though IMO if they work).

trailmoggy

i just use the ones that wrap around the ear, the others just keep falling out

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some riding headphones!’ is closed to new replies.