Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Recommend me some podcasts…
  • RichardPennell
    Free Member

After a recent house move, I have a bit more time walking and would like to use some of this to listen to podcasts. The only ones I tend to bother with are Desert Island Discs & Fighting Talk, and I always make time for these. What else is out there that folks are enjoying?

sslowpace
    Free Member

Personal highlights are Adam and Joe (6music), Friday night comedy from radio4 and Kermode and Mayo film reviews.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

BBC Radio Comedy ones.
    Friday night Radio 4
    + 1 for Mayo and Kermode’s film review.
    Daily Bacon on Five Live, his best guests.
    Oh and Back end of next week, the Sunday news review (Five Live).
    Oh and Danny Baker

yossarian
    Free Member

You can get every episode of ‘London calling’ which was Joe Strummers’ half hour slot on BBC world service.

was free on iTunes a while back, really eclectic and good to hear Joe’s voice.

chorlton
    Free Member

On Radio 4. Ramblings, Open Country, Living World, Farming Today 🙂 Saving Species, Material World, In Our Time, Thinking Aloud, From Our own Correspondent, IPM, Excess baggage, Home Planet.

CaptJon
    Free Member

The tuesday club – even if you’re not an arsenal fan (but assuming you like football) you’ll enjoy them. They’ve taken on a new dimension listening back knowing where Arsenal finished.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Real Peleton – Road cycling, slightly shambolic chats between ned boulting and matt rendell.

The Infinite Monkey Cage – Brian cox and another fella + guests do science stuff. Can be entertaining or a mindf*** depending on how the chat goes.

spw3

Answer Me This, Americana.

grum
    Free Member

Guardian Football Weekly, Adam and Joe, Answer Me This,
    Fri Night Comedy on R4, Stuff You Should Know, Kermode and Mayo.

tommmm
    Free Member

Football weekly is absolutely brilliant, and so is the football ramble. Both about football I’ll admit, but really good fun. Also, really niche one, the Bundesliga podcast is a cracker. The king of all the podcasts is of course adam and joe’s, though if you can find a way to download all the old jon richardson ones from when he was on 6music you’re in for an old school treat.

tommmm
    Free Member

I say old school, it finished about a year ago…

konabunny
    Free Member

If you like Infinite Monkey Cage, you’ll probably like Little Atoms. (Shitty production values, though).

Dibbs
    Free Member

Not everyones taste but there’s a some stuff here http://smodcast.com/smarchive/

bensales
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of Marathon Talk

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/marathon-talk/id350035346

Which is, obviously, about running.

gonefishin
    Free Member

If you like Infinite Monkey Cage, you’ll probably like Little Atoms. (Shitty production values, though).

In fairness the Infinite Monkey Cage is done by Radio 4 with a famous comedian and physicist, Little atoms is done by a bunch of people for free because they like doing it.

meesterbond

My personal favourite is ‘The Bugle’ with Andy Zaltzman and John Oliver.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Adam & Joe
    Collings & Herrin
    History of the world in 100 objects

RichardPennell
    Free Member

Awesome, thanks chaps.

Plenty to get going with here…

History of the world in 100 objects is quite mad, and I’ve just discovered a huge stash of old Desert Island Discs available.

TenMen
    Free Member

+1 for Kermode and Mayo

And a suggestion for another of Kevin Smith’s, Hollywood Babble On. Very rude and very funny.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some podcasts…’ is closed to new replies.