Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Recommend me some outdoor Crimbo icicle lights….
  • oceanskipper

Are they all utter garbage or is it just the ones I buy?

They only seem to last 2 years at most. Water seems to get in them very easily and then half of them go off. Nigh on impossible to tell which bulb/s are causing the problem so can’t fix easily.

So what are the best outdoor icicle lights that can be hung from the guttering….?

oceanskipper

Hmph.

twistedpencil

Just about to put a set up I got two years ago from b and q  still seem okay.

Christmas tree lights had to be replaced this year though, but they’re much older and I’ve forgotten where from…

northernremedy

I’ve been looking at these LINKY

Feefo looks ok

oceanskipper
    bikerevivesheffield

Am I actually reading this 🤣🤣🤣🤣 icicle lights 🤣🤣🤣🤣

oceanskipper

😉😂😎

deltacharlie72
    Free Member

I’ve had an identical experience with the icicle lights bought from B&Q and Homebase the last few years. None have lasted more than two years.

I’m wondering whether it’s them being constantly blown around and crashing against the wall that is causing them to fail? Thinking I might try some strings of cluster lights this year and see whether they fair any better.

I had a look at those ConnectPro lights the other day, but the cable looks too thick to put through a window and still be able to close it.

kayak23

My sister is selling some as it goes..

Marketplace

oceanskipper

Yes, I had thought the same regarding the cable on the Connect Pro. I’ve got an outside socket but it would mean going outside to turn them on and off instead of using my Hive plug to do it automatically….

scottishscrutineer
    Free Member

Have a look at https://www.lights4fun.co.uk/

we’ve had about 15m of their outdoor icicle lights for about 10 years. They seem very similar to the Connect Pro linked to above. We have an outside socket with a fly lead to a waterproof box which contains a mechanical time switch into which the lights are plugged.

thenorthwind

To hijack this a bit…
    I’m after some festoon lights for the garden and deck, probably about 10m worth. To be left up permanently, so want something that’s going to last and wary of cheap tat. Any recommendations?

There’s a lot similar looking ones about, those Pro Connect ones on lights4fun linked above being a good example. Similar things being sold elsewhere as “ConnectPro” which makes me a bit suspicious: https://www.ashdownhomestore.co.uk/connectpro-mv066-festoon-lights-connectable-warm-white-smd-leds-frosted-bulbs-black-rubber-cable-31730-p.asp

The lights4fun ones are rated IP44, which in theory should be fine, but always good to uprate. The other ones (cheaper) are supposed to be IP65, but don’t know how much different they are in practice.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some outdoor Crimbo icicle lights….’ is closed to new replies.