Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me some MTB boots – like MT53's?
  • 40mpg

I’m after some 3-season boots (I’ve got some Lakes for proper winter riding). What I’m after is:
    Reasonably waterproof (at least to keep splashes off – so not mesh uppers)
    Higher ankles for a bit of protection, and again to keep spray / wet grass out
    Decent tread for walking / clambering over rocks etc

They’ll mostly be used for fatbiking, hence keen on keeping spray out and good grippy soles for clambering with teh bike. Closest I’ve seen is MT53’s (not sure if mesh top though?) – but sadly they are only in obscure sizes now as old stock.

Any other suggestions?

sharkattack
    z1ppy

MT91’s? Sole doesn’t seen as stiff as the previous MT90’s but I imagine as there a ‘hike a bike’ kind of boot, so most ppl won’t mind. Use mine all year round, just wish they were stiffer. Those giro’s any good?

40mpg

Sharkattack – do you have these? Are they a bit warm for spring/autumn use as they look proper winter-booty? Otherwise look good thanks.

Z1ppy – same question with the MT91’s – do you find they get quite warm?

sharkattack

I don’t have them sorry. I’ve just been eyeing them up recently and reading all the reviews which seem mostly positive. I’m trying to wear out my old Mavic’s before I can justify the purchase. They’re top of the list though.

z1ppy

I’ll admit they were a bit warm mid july, off-hand not excessively or enough to change them but spring/autumn, that their perfect enviromment

jamj1974

I’ve gone for some Mavic Crossmax. The sole is more grippy!

40mpg

jamj, is there anything behind the mesh on the uppers to keep water out?

jamj1974

Only worn them in the summer – so yet to find out! Let me check and I’ll post back here later this evening.

40mpg

Just come across these – Mavic Scree boots. Anyone any experience? Does velcro closure work in damp, muddy conditions?

wombat

Watching this thread with interest , was going t ask the same question

norbert-colon

me toooo 😳

Gilles

I’ve got the MT91 and they are great – Feel like walking boots when walking and as long as the water doesn’t go over, they do keep your feet dry. The laces are not great if you are walking through heather/brambles (i.e. when you can’t find the b***y paths) as the elastic bit is a bit pathetic. The Vibram sole is top. I recommend them.

kiwijohn

After 8 winters, I finally replaced my MT90’s with MT91’s.
    Now they’ve announced a replacement for the MT91, so you might find some on run out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some MTB boots – like MT53's?’ is closed to new replies.