Recommend me some flat pedals

Home Forum Bike Forum Recommend me some flat pedals

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Recommend me some flat pedals
  • Andyhilton

I know that STW did a flat pedal test but I would like some personal recommendations. I use spds at the moment but want to change to flats on my bigger bike.

I have used V12s in the dim and distant past and also 5050XX. V12s were ok but I would like something different and the 5050s weren’t great. I like the look of the Superstar Nano and would like to stay around the 50 quid mark.

Thanks

jedi

my azonic aframes are needing replacing now. can’t decide wether to try the new azonics or something new

Superstar ones are nice.
    DMR V8 & 12 also nice.
    The new DMR vault looks good.

I think pedals are disposeable, rock bashing items, and as such should be cheap & look good.

So for me, V8 or Wellgo copies – get 4 pairs of these to one set of straitlines.

AntLockyer

I liked the Shimano DX ones. Mega grippy, strong and good looking.

I’ve just put the Raleigh Outlander slim pedals on my bike after reading a recommendation of them on this forum and I have to say so far so good. Not quite as supergrippy as the V12 (those sharp pins really do dig in to your shoes!) but definately grippy enough. They look fab and feel a lot lighter too but that might be imagination. Because they are quite slim you feel connected to the bike better somehow.

Oh, and they were just over £40!

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

The Outland ones are pretty good, light too but very jaggy- it’s not just the pins, they have sharp edges too, I’ve filed mine down now. But I think the Superstar/HT Components ones are better, just a nicer platform shape. Heavier obviously.

Wellgo MG1 are nice- like a V8 or V12 except lighter and cheaper, and more reliable, and with a better platform too. And made in the same factory to boot. But I’m getting to be a convert to these thinner pedals, it sounds like marketing BS but it seems to work.

Ready to Ride and Superstar often have a wee bit of a price war on, it’s worth checking both for Nanos as both shops put their prices up and down all the time.

wors

I got the superstar nano’s, really nice pedal, pretty tough too and nice low profile and concave platform. Recommended.

Three_Fish

^^^ what he said.

Premier Icon mboy
    Subscriber

I liked the Shimano DX ones. Mega grippy, strong and good looking.

Errrr… I’ve had a pair for a few years, they’re reliable and good looking, but they’re not very grippy and they’re certainly not that strong.

Hear nothing but good things about the Superstar Nano pedals (same as Kona Wah wah’s etc.), but my personal fave is the Easton Flatboy. The Easton’s are the toughest pedal known to man, they’re ridiculously grippy too. OK, not the lightest pedal out there by some margin, but they’re probably the most bombproof, and they’re certainly one of the most grippy without resorting to ridiculously long pins.

Heard lots of good things about the Wellgo B27’s too, they look a lot like the Easton Flatboys but slightly slimmed down, and about half the price.

Jedi, the Azonic A Frames are less than half price on Chain Reaction right now… Reduced from £65 to £32, if you’re gonna replace em now seems like a good time!

Premier Icon GRAEMEJONES
    Subscriber

[/url][/img]
    Another vote for the Nano’s

legend

I’ve got 2 pairs of Nanos on the go just now – cant be faulted really (especially if you get them just after they have a big delivery and the price comes down)

carlosg

Wellgo B38 ‘s sealed bearing , nice big platform , very very grippy (in Vans waffle sole) and only £25 .

I might have to try some Nanos… Currently running old skool 24Seven Slackers on both bikes as they’re super grippy but by todays standards they’re pretty thick and weigh a load!

Just read a review of the Nanos on SouthernDownhill.com – sound very good…

jamiep

I recently received the following mailer from superstar. It might be worth holding off pulling the trigger on their pedals… or it might not.

Holidays are coming… and we love them too! Look out for Superstar offers in your inbox over the coming weeks, we’ll be serving up some awesome offers for Christmas with discounts and combination deals!

ncfenwick

I use Gusset Slim Jims. They do the job, are quite low profile and are reasonably priced even for the sealed version. You can also by longer pins if you need even more grip.

Premier Icon portlyone
    Subscriber

My Wellgo’s have done me proud… I think

piperdave

GT Pedals

Halfords GT flat pedals…£17.00 try them and see how you get on. If you don’t like flats, you’ve only lost £17.00!

Not low profile, but hey, cheap!

AntLockyer

Errrr… I’ve had a pair for a few years, they’re reliable and good looking, but they’re not very grippy and they’re certainly not that strong.

Long pins installed? Mine are almost too grippy with Vans. I’ve had mine for 5 years and they are like new.

simonm

These are great… for £244 😉

simonm

Another vot for The superstars pedals are V-good, V-light and not too bad price with Ti Axles.

Premier Icon ART
    Subscriber

Are we doing this again …. OK then Nanos … oh look someone said that already 😉

scottyjohn

+1 Slim Jims, mega cheap and just change when worn out

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some flat pedals’ is closed to new replies.