Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me some Euro Fun for a couple of ten-year-olds…
  • martinhutch

Our two kids are going to be working like dogs this year, as is the missus – I’m the only lazy one in the household.

As a reward, we were planning a long weekend in October somewhere fun within range of cheapo flights (ideally from Leeds/Bradford or Manchester, but I can cope with Stansted).

The kids would love a bit of theme or water parkery…can anyone suggest a destination? My first thought was Billund for Legoland etc, but Ryanair conveniently stop flights to Billund just before half term.

ampthill

The only European theme park I’ve been to Is Europa Park, Which was great, but I have no basis for comparison

The rides were good and so were the shows. Not that crowded when we went, which was in the summer holidays

geoffj

Depends when in October, but water parks in Palma or Alcudia may still be open for cheeky trip to Mallorca.

ianv
    Free Member

The algarve has some really good water parks. Flights to faro from Leeds Bradford.

martinhutch

Algarve or Mallorca sound interesting. I had a quick look at Europa Park but it was a bit of a trot from the nearest airport. That was the big advantage of Billund – the airport is basically next door to the park!

eugeo81
    Free Member

Efteling in holland, not to far from Eindhoven airport (Ryanair), catch train to Tilburg. Not been there in a few years though but it is a bit like Alton towers but Dutch but it is a bit different scenery etc etc

float
    Free Member

i dunno if this is fun enough but this place looks completely badass
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ACkmg3Y64_s[/video]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some Euro Fun for a couple of ten-year-olds…’ is closed to new replies.