• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me some desk plants
  • jairaj

My work has moved into a new office building. They’ve refurbished the inside and its all new, shiny and modern but a little bit clinical and white.

We’ve been told that we will be getting some plants in to add colour and break up the straight, sharp lines but no idea when that will actually happen. So for now we’ve been given the go ahead to bring our own plants in if we want.

I know nothing about plants apart from I generally like them. So … recommend some indoor plants suitable for desk / windowsill please.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Venus flytrap for amusement..
    Orchids are cool too

perchypanther
    Free Member

Money plant.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Mowgli
    Free Member

Stoner
    Free Member

PHALAENOPSIS orchids are very easy to look after (for an orchid)

The mini rose pot plants at Morrisons for £1-2 are very nice.

I have both of the above behind me here in the kitchen.

maccruiskeen

Rose of Jericho

Just don’t feed them after midnight

JoeG
    Free Member

jairaj

perchypanther
    Money plant.

I think Theresa May has got them all? Don’t think the normal public are allowed to have one of those any more?

Mowgli, Looks nice, is that a variety of Maple? I’ll pop into to the local garden centre see if they have any.

That Rose of Jericho looks pretty cool. Thanks will look into it. Do you have one your self, is it easy to look after or sensitive to conditions?

mattyfez
    chrisdw
    Free Member

maccruiskeen

That Rose of Jericho looks pretty cool. Thanks will look into it. Do you have one your self, is it easy to look after or sensitive to conditions?

You couldn’t kill one if you tried. They’re a desert plant – a sort of tumbleweed I suppose. They have roots but don’t take root. When its dry they curl up in a ball and hibernate – they’ll last for months if not years like that. Every now and then stick them in a saucer of water and they spring to life and unfurl and green up in a few hours. Often people use them as christmas decorations, stick them away in a cupboard all year, take them out at christmas and they unwrap themselves and look a bit like a wreath – they have a nice spiral structure to them too.

woffle
    Free Member

I’ve a couple of succulents on my desk – something like this;

Coyote
    Free Member

+1 for the Venus flytrap. We’ve just got one. There’s something strangely gratifying about feeding it live flies when someone has pissed you off.

#jamesbondvillian

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

giantalkali
    Free Member

Compact chili plant, numex twilight maybe? Easy to care for, colourful fruit, tasty if you fancy it.

Drac

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some desk plants’ is closed to new replies.