Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • recommend me some decent mid price, lightish tint sunnies
  • hughjengin
    Free Member

Always been a big fan of specialized adaptalites and my favourite pair with the lighter range mountain bike range has finally fallen apart 🙁
    So as a replacement bearing in mind that specialized glasses are no more, was looking for some mid priced (budget £30-£60) sunnies for mountain biking. I have clear lensed glasses for very low light and some of the dark apaptalite lenses for road and very sunny days, so really need a pair of glasses with mid tint for everyday summer season riding.
    Have been looking at Endura Mullets and Piranha etc, and some of the Uvex and Tifosi specs with orange fototec lenses. Would be glad of some recommendations

Northwind

I’ve tried a couple of Tifosis, they’re really nice and seem brilliant value and the fototec is good, but none of them fit me… Which is weird because I’ve never had any problems with glasses fit before. The adjustment’s pretty limited (well, I used the hot air gun adjuster on my Vogels 😉 )

So they are good, very good at the price, but pretty fit-dependant.

hughjengin
    Free Member

What’s the fit issue you had ? Too big ? Too small ? I heard the Endura Mullets are big frame too

Northwind

They all sit really high, and very sticky out at the bottom- as if my nose is too high and my ears too low or something. The Vogels were quite big but more in a sort of intentionally-large Aviator way than a “these are for big faces” way. Sizing seemed pretty middle-of-road.

Don’t know whereabouts you are but Alpine are carrying a lot of Tifosis in some of their shops, the Glentress one has a good selection. Charlie the Bikemonger is a seller too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some decent mid price, lightish tint sunnies’ is closed to new replies.