Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me some CX rims
  • I’ve worn out the rims on my Specialized Tricross.
    I was going to replace like for like so I could reuse the spokes, and I know the tyres seal well tubeless.
    However, it looks like Alex ACE 19 rims are no longer available.

Any recommendations for a 700c cross rim with a 599mm ERD, a braking surface, and suitable for a 35mm Small Block 8 ?
    Strength is more important than weight to me.

Edit;
    Oh yeah, 32 hole.

oliverracing

I know of someone that uses a set of these for CX – and they are 599 ERD (he uses 24 spokes though 😯 ) http://www.dtswiss.com/Components/Rims-Road/RR-440

or these for added strength (600 ERD) http://www.dtswiss.com/Components/Rims-Road/TK-540

The TK 540 looks the better choice of those two as the RR 440 isn’t recommended for CX use.
    They’re around £55 though. As I wore the current rims out in about 4 months, I’m thinking maybe I should consider rims a disposable item and just buy the cheapest ones that will do the job for commuting and maybe buy a second set of complete wheels for Sunday best.

clubber
    Free Member

This is why you should switch to discs 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

As an alternative, cheaper rims with new spokes? Halo Aerorage rims can be got for £25 though the erd is 588 or so. They’ve lasted well for me.

Interestingly I found SB8s rather porous for tubeless. Interesting that they’re working for you.

Those Aerorage rims look more like a lightweight road rim.
    New spokes would add about £12 per wheel, so I suppose that’s one option if the rims are cheap enough, although I think I’d rather spend the money on stronger rims and reuse the spokes.

tomkerton
    Free Member

Deleted due to talking rubbish

nedrapier

Open Pro?
    H Plus Son Archetype?

clubber
    Free Member

Those Aerorage rims look more like a lightweight
    road rim.

They survived me riding offroad on them and I’m a good bit heavier than you…

Any opinion on Mavic A319 at £27 ?

601mm ERD, so that’s only 1mm per spoke, which should be near enough.
    They are about 4mm wider though. All brake mountings are the same though aren’t they ? All I need to do is adjust the brakes to suit ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some CX rims’ is closed to new replies.