Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Recommend me some clothes please
  • timothius
    Free Member

Hi All,

I normally cycle in (soft) jeans and a tshirt. Even so, I've begun to cycle more and I think some suitable cycle clothing is in order. The clothes tend to soak up sweat and get a bit damp. I'm also hoping to do some night cycling as I come home late from work.

I'm looking for some suitable cycling trousers and top. I've not got much clue about cycling clothes as my friends and I normally wear casual stuff (because we aren't serious cyclists). I do know that I don't really want shorts – there are lots of brambles / stingy things near here which I would rather avoid. (Plus I'd look like a cock in them).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Tim

wombat

According to my ride buddies Altura/Endura trousers are quite good, I don't have any, I wear shorts all year round 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/

Have a look on here.

timothius
    Free Member

How do you stop your legs getting cut to bits every time you have a spill? That is one of the reasons I wore jeans as I had spills all the time!

timothius
    Free Member

I have looked on wiggle / crc but there is a mind boggling array of things. For instance I was looking at the Endura Singletrack trousers – but some reviews say you have to wear shorts underneath etc. Confusing!

RealMan
    Free Member

You could get some knee or shin pads or just MTFU.

wombat

I try not to fall off….

And I wear Knee/shinpads if I'm going all Gnarrcore 😀

timothius
    Free Member

Hmm, have had a look at clothes on CRC and Wiggle on more detail. There are hardly any trousers – is it just that trousers are awful when cycling in general?

I suppose I should go for shorts then – are 3/4 length ones any good?

odannyboy
    Free Member

look out for the aldi cycling week promo which may well be on soon as the weather cool (or have i missed that as well, like i did the summer one!)
    cheap gear which actually isnt that bad (my altura £55 tights just had a load of stiching come apart!)and is preatty cheap to boot .good for first timers.be quick tho, its sells fast!!

RealMan
    Free Member

There are hardly any trousers – is it just that trousers are awful when cycling in general?

Yeah, generally.

Things like this are very good though.

mangatank
    Free Member

After years of buying cycling specific gear, I now mostly wear running gear. 3/4 tights and fairly loose technical fabric tops. In general they're much more comfortable and tend to be better quality for a like price.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some clothes please’ is closed to new replies.