Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me some cheap, light wheels
  • jree
    Free Member

27.5 boost for my souls diet.
    Is it Chinese for about £300 or hang on and wait for some second hand?

jimmy

SRAM Roam 30’s are surprisingly light. And cheap 2nd hand. 😉 😉 😉

kimbers

Mavic xa elites can be found on sale for good prices & quite reasonable weight

Mowgli
    Free Member

I’ve recieved the parts for a set of DT XR 361 and Bitex MTR/MTF hubs from DCR wheels. £280 and should be about 1550g, which I think is pretty good weight:cost.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

should be plenty of better than ‘cheap’ decent wheelsets around second-hand for that price

snotrag

Mavic XA Elites.

Really nice trail wheels, come with loads of extra ‘bits’ and pretty darn light.

jree
    Free Member

I need a shimano freehub Jimmy or I’d wobble at those.
    I’ll have a mooch at the mavics.
    Have you got a link to those wheels you got mowgli? I can’t seem to find anythung like that at that price or weight but it might be because I’m searching on my phone.

jree
    Free Member

https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/dt-swiss-x-1900-spline-22.5-27.5-boost-wheel-set-7921355

These are favourites at the moment. I’d prefer to get something 2nd hand around 1600g though.

slackboy

I’ve got some nice dt swiss xm421 wheels for sale in classifieds

Latest Classified Ads

Not super light (1700g I think), but really nice and strong. I’d keep them but they don’t fit my solarismax

Mowgli
    Free Member

Have you got a link to those wheels you got mowgli? I can’t seem to find anythung like that at that price or weight but it might be because I’m searching on my phone.

I got them from DCR Wheels after a bit of chatting to them – they’re not advertised. Also it’s just the parts at this price – I’ll have to build them myself.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some cheap, light wheels’ is closed to new replies.