Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Recommend me some baggies!
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

My decathlon baggies are on their last legs and my Endura padded boxers seem to have lost most of their padding pretty quickly!!!

So need to replace both. Tried some replacement decathlon ones but they have changed since I got mine and I just don’t like the clasp fit the front and sizes seem to have changed.

I missed used out on the cheap Endura Singletrack III ones but can still get them for £33 without a liner so might be worth a try but would need some padding.

Looking to spend £60 inc a liner or bib, not that I have ever tried a bib. Always wear same baggies all year round so not season specific.

baboonz
    Free Member

I have the endura singletrack and humvee.

The humvee are sturdier than the singletrack however both are of good quality.

I find the sizing runs a little small on both, specially on the singletrack.

Bibs fit fine underneath them.

nicko74

At that price, I’d check out the Singletracks. I’m on my second pair (Mk1 and Mk2), with a third pair (Mk3) currently on its way to me. As baboonz mentions, they’re a little on the small side in sizing (I’m a large with a 32″ waist). You can then either wear the Endura Clickfast liner, or any other padded short you like. I never bother clicking the liner in, fwiw, so it’s not like you have to buy the Endura one.

ta11pau1

I’ve been trying to keep an eye out for deals on Fox Ranger cargo shorts, they seem to be generally well regarded.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Will prob give Singletrack a try and order both sizes!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Madison

Madison

Madison

Tracey

As above Madison Roam

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

+10000000000

Madison Roam

lawman91

Biggest tip I can say is £60 for both baggies and padded shorts/bibs is simply not enough. I swore by Fox rangers with the padded liner included but didn’t realise just how poor the liner was until I got a decent pair of bibs (Endura FS260). Sounds mental but I’d be looking to spend at least £50 on a liner short/bib and the same on a set of baggies if you want to do it properly, it’s worth it in terms of comfort on long rides!

J273
    Free Member

How long in the leg are Madison roams. They look a tad short

jayx2a
    Free Member

Roams look short but maybe its just the online pics. I’m trying the Singletracks in L & XL and will shop around for suitable liner/bib.

compass81

Silverfish have got a 50% off sale at the moment (mostly Raceface and Yeti) just picked up some very nice Yeti shorts and a top.

jayx2a
    Free Member

They do not have the singletracks in stock even though they are showing as stock so will have a look at Silverfish!

mark90
    Free Member

I’m liking the Royal Racing shorts I got in the pre-christmas 50% sale, seem good quality and a really nice fit. Prefer them to my Maddison Zeniths, which I like.

AlexSimon

My fav baggies are the Race Face Ambush.

Durable, nice length/bagginess and the pocket positions are the best I’ve had.
    They also have zipped vents.
    There’s something about them that feels top quality compared to some.

I pick mine up for under £40 in sales, but I think they normally sell for fifty-odd discounted.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Found some Singletrack III shorts with the liner for £35.

Would people say these run small? I’m currently in 36″ waist jeans and my last Decathlon Baggies were an XL but are a bit too big.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Small, medium or large it’s the Endura size lottery.  I have two pairs of their liner shorts, both supposed to be a medium, ones probably a small the other a large.  Dakine shorts for me, 3 pairs and can’t fault them.  Definitely had my money’s worth out of them.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Ah Endura sizing is a bit like that is it! Size guide says I should be in a large, but who knows!!

onehundredthidiot

Specialized enduro comp. if you’re lucky you’ll find them cheap

baboonz
    Free Member

I would order two sizes, then jump on your bike (or squat up and down) and see how they feel. Its quite a narrow cut towards the end of the shorts, so when they roll up it can get tight on your thighs.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Troy Lee Skylines any good?

ehrob

I just ordered some pretty cheap (£31 or something) Alpinestars ones from Alpinetrek. We’ll see.

FWIW the Endura Singletrack II I really like, Singletrack III are distinctly average IMO.

jayx2a
    Free Member

I don’t have much to compare to quality wise as been in my Decathlon ones! Im guessing there are better out there than the Singletrack III’s (even though £35 is tempting!!)

alexpalacefan

Baggies

jayx2a
    Free Member

Just checked my Endura padded boxers and they are a large and fit ok.

I presume that the Endura shorts in large will fit or am I assuming too much from Endura?!

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Dakine baggies for me. Have various different styles and ‘weights’ of their shorts and all have been well made and hard wearing. I like that they are typically cut a bit longer than typical baggies (although different styles are different lengths), fit over knee pads really easily and from an astestics & styling point of view (if that’s important to you) they are nice and plain and don’t look like wanna be moto x clown pants or covered in unesscessary pockets. Oh and they all come with belt loops rather than some fancy closure or retaining system which I find don’t work great for the *cough* middle aged physique *cough* often. If you shop around you’ll find some under budget, but won’t leave a lot for your Lycra (although I just buy whatever’s around £30 with half decent padding for under shorts – Polaris being a favourite)

jayx2a
    Free Member

Haha at middle aged physique – it’s the right look for someone nearing 40 right?!

rocketman
    Free Member

Troy Lee Skylines any good?

They’re ok but nothing special. Without the Troy Lee logo they could be made by anyone.

What you want is some Sprints

jayx2a
    Free Member

So ordered the Singletrack shorts in L and XL and some Troy Lee ones.

Troy Lee ones were quite thin and the adjustable waist is so minimal it was hardly worth it being there! Ok if shorts are perfect fit I guess.

Ordered Singletrack shorts in L and XL. According to the size chart the L goes up to a 37” waist and at 36” I thought the L would be ok. Think again!! What kind of model these were based on I don’t know!

the XL were a good fit, not sure about the pockets as they seem to far back but we shall see.

I paid £33 but have just found them elsewhere for £33 including the clickfast liner and only have them in XL and XXL so ordered a couple of pairs hoping they have stock!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Funkier baggies, bought the neon blue  https://www.merlincycles.com/funkier-mtb-rider-baggy-shorts-62177.html two years ago IIRC, been great.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Funkier ones are nice and cheap! Do they have adjustable waist on them?

jedi

dakine syncline

jayx2a
    Free Member

So tried the Funkier ones and they are so damn small!!

In the end I purchased some Singletrack III ones with the click fast Liner for £34 each which wasnt bad looking at the cost of the clik fast liners on their own!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me some baggies!’ is closed to new replies.