Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • recommend me some 20" tyres for light off-roading pls
  • joemmo
    Free Member

Mini JM is moving onto his sisters old 20″ bike and I’d like to replace the slick tyres with something with a little more grip for our bridleway rides but nothing too draggy that will suck all the fun out on smoother tracks.
    I was looking at something like a Kenda small block 8 for example, any other suggestions? cheers

lardman
    Free Member

Kenda small block 8’s on my little Ines 20″. Perfect.

andyr
    Free Member

Schwalbe little joe. Bit more bite than SB8s but roll really well too. 1.4″ version on my sons bike, originally got the 2″ but they looked ridiculously huge.

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

We have the old version folding Mow Joes in 2.0 (380g), can be run at very low pressures. Best weight/volume tyre I could find at the time.

therag
    Free Member

I’ve got maxxis maxxdaddy front and shwalbe jumping jack rear on my son’s Isla.

chiefgrooveguru

Continental Explorer is one of the knobbliest choices – don’t know how well they roll!

Goldigger
    Free Member

any reasons why the little Joe’s wouldn’t go up tubeless?

ianpv
    Free Member

Schwalbe black jacks did ok on my sons bike

Speeder

Maxxis Maxdaddy are pretty fast rolling, big volume & look a lot like a proper mtb tyre. My choice for Speeder Jr.

joemmo
    Free Member

thanks for the suggestions folks – I’ve just ordered a pair of little joes in 1.4. He’s just discovered the joy of pulling skids so we’ll see how long they last…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘recommend me some 20" tyres for light off-roading pls’ is closed to new replies.