Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me HRM watch less than £100
  • ElShalimo

I’m looking for a HRM watch for riding and running.
    I’ve never had one before but i want one to help me train for a half-marathon next year and for general exercise.
    Does anyone have any recommendations?
    thanks

EDIt – also needs to be robust as it will get scratched when I fall off my bike

petetheplumber
    Free Member

Aldi £12 works fine

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I got an unused Polar CS300 from a friend which is pretty good. I think I gave hime £40 for it. Although the data transfer thing is rubbish, so you can’t really do anything with the info.

If I was getting one from a fresh start, I like the idea of being able to see the data properly, and would like to link in the GPS trace of it (so I can ditch the erratic Endmondo/Mapmyride from my phone).

I would be on the lookout for a Garmin Forerunner I think.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve used

Polar F7 (about £20-£25), added bous it works with 99% of gym equipment too.

Aldi bike comuter – speed/cadence/hrm for £30, what more could you want?

Tesco HRM, £20, also worked with the gym equipment but seemed more prone to interferance.

huw
    Free Member

I’ve got a Garmin FR60 watch that I use for running and cycling (when not using my Edge 705). Very good watch and compatible with various ANT+ gadgets including the HR strap (which is included), footpod for running, and cycling cadence sensor. Downloads remotely to your computer via the included USB stick gizmo.

E.g.

from Amazon

sam_underhill

another vote for Garmin FR60. Just ditched an old Polar that just seems to randomly not get the HR data properly – which other people I know also suffer from this problem.

2 months in with my FR60 and no problems so far. Extra ££ gets you the foot pod which really help with pacing (which I struggle with). It’s just as accurate as a GPS once calibrated.

kilo

garmin 305 is only just over your £100 limit and is a ver good bit of training kit

rocket
    Free Member

OK, not under £100 (not far off), but I say go for the Garmin Forerunner 305. Has HRM and GPS as well, so you can monitor distance / speed / pace and review your route when you get back. Bike mounts available for about a tenner (or you can bodge). Had one about 8 months and I’m really really happy with it.

thomthumb
    Free Member

cheapest polar f range suits me.

ElShalimo

Thanks
    Anyone got a Suunto?

cp

Push your budget a few quid and get a Forerunner 305 – great for both running and biking. Mine’s been great, and such a bargain at these prices.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000FMQ296/ref=asc_df_B000FMQ2964894248?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B000FMQ296

CraigW
    Free Member

A bit more than £100, but I recommend the Garmin Forerunner 110 (it’s about £120 for the version with HRM).

Its a fair bit smaller/lighter than the 305, so I think it is more comfortable for running. It does have GPS, so can record where you’ve been, with speed/pace etc.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

I have a Suunto (T4 I think). Watch features are great, but the strap is crap. I think I’m on my 3rd, all replaced under warranty.

I also have a Polar (F4 I think), and the strap design is much better – don’t need to split the electrical circuit to put it on. I bought the cheapest Polar with a strap with replaceable battery.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me HRM watch less than £100’ is closed to new replies.