Recommend me HRM watch less than £100

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Recommend me HRM watch less than £100
  • ElShalimo

I’m looking for a HRM watch for riding and running.
    I’ve never had one before but i want one to help me train for a half-marathon next year and for general exercise.
    Does anyone have any recommendations?
    thanks

EDIt – also needs to be robust as it will get scratched when I fall off my bike

Aldi £12 works fine

Hob Nob

I got an unused Polar CS300 from a friend which is pretty good. I think I gave hime £40 for it. Although the data transfer thing is rubbish, so you can’t really do anything with the info.

If I was getting one from a fresh start, I like the idea of being able to see the data properly, and would like to link in the GPS trace of it (so I can ditch the erratic Endmondo/Mapmyride from my phone).

I would be on the lookout for a Garmin Forerunner I think.

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon
    Subscriber

I’ve used

Polar F7 (about £20-£25), added bous it works with 99% of gym equipment too.

Aldi bike comuter – speed/cadence/hrm for £30, what more could you want?

Tesco HRM, £20, also worked with the gym equipment but seemed more prone to interferance.

huw

I’ve got a Garmin FR60 watch that I use for running and cycling (when not using my Edge 705). Very good watch and compatible with various ANT+ gadgets including the HR strap (which is included), footpod for running, and cycling cadence sensor. Downloads remotely to your computer via the included USB stick gizmo.

E.g.

from Amazon

Premier Icon sam_underhill
    Subscriber

another vote for Garmin FR60. Just ditched an old Polar that just seems to randomly not get the HR data properly – which other people I know also suffer from this problem.

2 months in with my FR60 and no problems so far. Extra ££ gets you the foot pod which really help with pacing (which I struggle with). It’s just as accurate as a GPS once calibrated.

Premier Icon kilo
    Subscriber

garmin 305 is only just over your £100 limit and is a ver good bit of training kit

rocket

OK, not under £100 (not far off), but I say go for the Garmin Forerunner 305. Has HRM and GPS as well, so you can monitor distance / speed / pace and review your route when you get back. Bike mounts available for about a tenner (or you can bodge). Had one about 8 months and I’m really really happy with it.

thomthumb

cheapest polar f range suits me.

ElShalimo

Thanks
    Anyone got a Suunto?

Premier Icon cp
    Subscriber

Push your budget a few quid and get a Forerunner 305 – great for both running and biking. Mine’s been great, and such a bargain at these prices.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000FMQ296/ref=asc_df_B000FMQ2964894248?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B000FMQ296

CraigW

A bit more than £100, but I recommend the Garmin Forerunner 110 (it’s about £120 for the version with HRM).

Its a fair bit smaller/lighter than the 305, so I think it is more comfortable for running. It does have GPS, so can record where you’ve been, with speed/pace etc.

Premier Icon cheshirecat
    Subscriber

I have a Suunto (T4 I think). Watch features are great, but the strap is crap. I think I’m on my 3rd, all replaced under warranty.

I also have a Polar (F4 I think), and the strap design is much better – don’t need to split the electrical circuit to put it on. I bought the cheapest Polar with a strap with replaceable battery.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me HRM watch less than £100’ is closed to new replies.