Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me: free softward to record vinyl to MP3
  • brooess
    Free Member

I want to get some of my old vinyl onto CD/iPod. I’ve got a seperates system with record player and line out of the amp plus a Sony Vaio laptop. What software would be best? Ideally something I can get as a free download

Ta

druidh
    Free Member

I tried this and TBH, unless it’s very rare, it’s a lot better to download the MP3.

chvck
    Free Member

you could use audacity but, as druidh, says; it’s far easier to just obtain (buy if you wish) it on mp3, it takes aaaages to rip vinyl and it’s not easy to get really good quality!

GhostRider
    Free Member

Like chvck said its easier to buy CD. But its more fun to rip the final,

If youve got Vista, forget it something to do with recording from the line in stereo jack being locked out but it works in XP just fine.

Record from LP (I done it via record out on the amp to line
    -in on the sound card) capture to WAV via audacity, chop up the WAV file in to tracks and convert to MP3, use volume levelling, do a few samples first.

Sound quality is spot on, but the bass levels are lower, i kept all back ground plips and pops from the vinyl but i think there is software that will remove them ??. The most time consuming thing is re-naming and adding info to all the tags on the MP3’s i used ROXIO suite for this.

GhostRider
    Free Member

OOPS “final” = vinyl

mboy
    Free Member

Audacity for defo!

Though it will help if you’ve got a decent external “soundcard” as such, with XLR or at least Phono inputs, in order to maintain the quality.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

free and easy using VLC in transcode mode have a look at thier help file really powerful little media player, transcoder, also records live streams

biggulp
    Free Member

Audacity for me also. I’ve found that keeping the OGG vorbis format keeps the quality high but not all MP3 players support this format and of course it takes more space. Dividing up the tracks and adding labels can be a bit of a pain.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me: free softward to record vinyl to MP3’ is closed to new replies.