Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me … Commuting Trousers
  • Matt-P
    Free Member

A Christmas present for my brother, does a 3 mile ride to work on quiet roads, doesn’t want to go the full lycra but needs something other than his suit trousers.

Anything recommended? He’s 6’3″ with 36″ waist and most of the kit I’ve seen seems too short for the right waist size.

iainc

The new tenn reflective ones look pretty decent and get good reviews, these ones

Matt-P
    Free Member

Cheer Ian – not heard of them but like the idea of them being reflective

plus-one

I’ve got pair of levi 508 commuter jeans .. I wear them pretty much all the time they are so comfy and ideal on bike for 1hr or more nipping into town etc ..

Don’t think they do them now but plenty other Levi commuter jeans/trousers listed 🙂

benp1

Keela Roadrunners?

I have some Long XL waist Montane Terra trousers. Black/Black. They’re quite subtle. The waist is too big for me but the length is great at 6’3 too. They would work for your brother, the bottom ankle hem clips together so doesn’t get caught in the chainring – I’m not selling them, I use them for riding with the dog in the evening when it’s cold, but it might work well for a little bike ride. They’re a bit baggy for riding, but they’re not too bad at all, very comfy and very hardwearing

nwmlarge
    Free Member

h&m chinos
    stretchy and cheap

nedrapier

Softshell hiking trousers.

I’ve got a pair of haglofs I picked up cheap. Bought them for iffy weather hiking, but they’ve been great for commuting. Cooler than cotton/denim, very breathable, but still keep the windchill off the knees. A lot more versatile than shorts+kneewarmerswhenit’scolder, and a lot more “normalclothes” looking too. Plus they’re still light and warmish when they’re wet, and they dry very quickly.

GavinB

Showers Pass Rogue trousers? I’ve worn mine at least 3 days a week for well over a year now. They are a fairly slim fit, but long enough for me (6’3″, 34″ waist). Nice reflective details on them, showerproof (DWR finish) and hem can be clipped up to keep it away from the chain.

Stoner
    Free Member

This is not another Theresa May/Brexit thread is it?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It will be.

Matt-P
    Free Member

Not meant to be!

Thanks for all the suggestions

matt_outandabout

doesn’t want to go the full lycra but needs something other than his suit trousers.

Chaps?

CraigW
    Free Member

Swrve trousers are nice. They have various soft shell or cotton types.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have commuted pretty much every working day for the last 8 years and would recommend quantity over quality for a short journey like that. I have around 5 pairs of leggings (not lycra) and I keep a couple of pairs at work and some at home for those days when you get just as wet doing 3 miles as you would doing 20. Its great knowing you have dry clothes to put on for the journey home. I cant recommend any in particular but I use the Aldi ones which I bought not expecting much. They have been really good though and fit really well unlike their bib tights.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me … Commuting Trousers’ is closed to new replies.