Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Recommend me: bar in London Bridge suitable for first date
  • brooess
    Free Member

Will scope the area out on the way home 2nite but wondering what suggestions London-based STW would make?
    Got a (first) date next week and looking for somewhere comfortable and friendly, quiet enough to be able to have a proper conversation but not without any atmosphere at all. Don’t like chains, would prefer a one-off pub or bar. Is there anything in Hays Galleria or should I trundle down to Borough?

ta

andym
    Free Member

I haven’t been to Hays Galleria for ages but there definitely was a bar in there. Balls Brothers?? (Memory not what it used to be).

Drac

Back Doors Inn

Old Oaks Inn

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Drac – Member
    Back Doors In

On a first date? 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

Back doors? For a first date? Sounds like a classy girl!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Damn you CFH!

brooess
    Free Member

Drac – I’d be a fool not to see what you did there 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How about a nice meal? I mean, it’s not too far away, so you could take her up the Oxo Tower….

MrSmith
    Free Member

beadales in borough market for wine. or if you like beer the rake, or more female friendly the brew wharf place as they do wine there.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i forgot the tapas bar on the corner just past natwest bank . think it’s called brindisi

brooess
    Free Member

Yay. 2 helpful answers!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Let me guess – you want to go to Hays Galleria so you can make a cheeky visit to the bike shop on Toolley St. That’s not going to get you a second date!

How about the Raymond Review Bar in Soho?

pk-ripper
    Free Member

zakudia by Southwark Bridge (bottom of Ofcom building).

Unless it’s another mental banker.

brooess
    Free Member

I went to Raymonds about 8 years ago. My mate fell asleep he was so bored.

Hobster
    Free Member

Davys wine bar on tooley st.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

If it’s a nice day (unlikely I know) cross over to the city side of the bridge and go to the Regatta – It’s moored a 2 min walk from the bridge on the west side. Sitting on the top deck watching the sun go down and the twinkling lights of London could be quite romantic

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me: bar in London Bridge suitable for first date’ is closed to new replies.