Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend me an XBOX game
  • flyingmonkeycorps

That I can pick up for about a tenner from Blockbuster, and isn’t Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood. The Mrs is out tonight, and it hasn’t arrived from Play in time so I need something to, er, play!

BoardinBob

Batman: Arkham City is getting my attention right now. £19.99 on the Live marketplace but you could not doubt find a second hand copy for less.

flyingmonkeycorps

Hmm, tempting, though I got halfway through Arkham Asylum and got a bit bored… Could definitely be an option though.

richmtb

Portal, first one is on Xbox Arcade for 1200 points

Any of the Halo’s you haven’t played as they are all great

flyingmonkeycorps

Hmm, Portal 2 might be worth hunting down if I can, I played the first one to death… Not a *huge* Halo fan I must admit, mainly because I’m RUBBISH at fps games.

Cougar

Portal, first one is on Xbox Arcade for 1200 points

This.

Red Dead Redemption.

Kingdoms of Amalur.

What sort of games do you like?

BoardinBob

Hmm, tempting, though I got halfway through Arkham Asylum and got a bit bored… Could definitely be an option though.

It’s way better than Asylum. Not as linear as you have a whole city to explore with hundreds of side missions

bikerdan
    Free Member

Depends what you like to play but I would go for Project Gotham Racing or COD MW. Should be able to able to find them cheap.

bikeytom
    Free Member

+1 for portal 2, genuinely enjoyable game if you can find it for £10.

flyingmonkeycorps

Games I like. Hmm. Well, loved Assassin’s Creed 2 (hence Brotherhood) but I got bored pretty quick in the first one, found it rather repetitive. Same for Arkham Asylum – I enjoyed it, but it got a bit samey and I found the controls a bit clunky after the lovely flowyness of AC.

Played a couple of the CoD games, including Modern Warfare, but really not feeling the love – basically, I really suck at FPSs. Though I did love Portal.

Couldn’t get into GTA4, but I loved San Andreas on the XBOX so Red Dead Redemption might be worth a crack.

Kingdoms of Amalur… Never heard of it, investigating now!

**edit** Amalur sounds ACE. That could well be the one if it’s in.

Cougar

I got bored pretty quick in the first one [AC], found it rather repetitive. Same for Arkham Asylum – I enjoyed it, but it got a bit samey

Exactly my experience.

I loved San Andreas on the XBOX so Red Dead Redemption might be worth a crack.

RDR is -ace-. For me, the GTA series peaked with Vice City; RDR (or ‘Grand Theft Horsey’) is the first GTA-a-like to really capture me since VC. The storyline is simplistic but gripping, and the protagonist John Marston is a brilliant character.

Controversial perhaps, but I enjoyed LA Noire as well. Not everyone’s cup of tea but worth a punt if you can find it for a tenner.

Amalur sounds ACE.

I bought Skyrim when it came out and never really clicked with it, found it far too dry. KoA is a lot like Skyrim but a lot more arcadey and accessible. Feels a bit like a single player World of Warcraft. I like it a lot.

llamaknob
    Free Member

Splinter cell ,the las one,finished it three times awesome game and the online is cool too.
    Hitman,graw2,metro,mass effect1,2,3,

logical
    Free Member

Any of the Gears of War games.

FarmersChoice
    Free Member

Dead space. With the lights out. And headphones on.

flyingmonkeycorps

Ace, some good options to stick on the list there – obviously it’ll depend what’s in the bargain bin at Blockbuster, I can’t be arsed going far.

I never really got the appeal of Skyrim either, it was just a bit too serious business. I remember fancying LA Noire when it came out also, so that’s a definite maybe. I lost interest in Splinter Cell a couple of games in, again it was a bit samey, so I might give the new one a crack. Conviction, right?

Mass Effect and Dead Space too. And possibly BioShock, I’ve always meant to give that a go.

flyingmonkeycorps

Well, ended up with Dead Space ‘cos it’s what was in at Blockbuster… First impressions are good, though I think I need to wait till it gets dark for the full effect…

takisawa2

I’ve yet to get bored of GTA.
    Where else can you…
    Pack half a dozen cars inside a fast food joint & set them alight.
    Take a superbike into the skate park.
    Get 6 wtd stars & sit at the top of a chimney pushing the rozzers off as they climb up the ladder.
    Push those very rotund bearded rockers through the gap in the fence so they pile up on the motorway below.
    🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

Maybe I should give GTA another go at some point…

Dead Space is SCARY! But very well done.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an XBOX game’ is closed to new replies.