Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Recommend me an underwater camera for £100(ish)
  • carlos
    Free Member

As per the title really.

I quite fancy the Gopro Hero @ £180 as can use that on the bike, takes great photos and videos etc, but Mrs Carlos is looking at spending somewhere about the £100 mark.

So anything out there that’s a steal around the 100 quid mark or are they all going to have some sort of compromise? (photo/video quality, battery life, only really splash and/or waterproof to 2-3m etc??)

ThankS
    Carlos

Nico
    Free Member

You can buy a GoPro clone type camera for well under £100. Like this:

https://sjcam.com/

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

GoPro session is closer to £120 now.

stevextc
    Free Member

I got a £25 SJCAM deal (PSA on here) …

Worked perfectly well snorkelling and I even let an octopus have a play… (really)… he/she took it inside their hide and i had to rescue it.  Had it down to about 30′ (which is where my ear leaks) with no issue.  Jumped off a cliff with it… etc.

Quality wise it won’t make NatGeo…. or even the Hero 5 but had I lost the battle with the Octopus (or otherwise lose it) its not a big deal so long as the memories are saved.

(We have a Hero 5 as well…. just didn’t want to risk it plus to get the better quality battery is poor on the GoPro and if I dial down quality I more or less might as well use the cheap one.

Comes with all the mounts etc. to go on a helmet, chainstay etc. as well….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an underwater camera for £100(ish)’ is closed to new replies.