Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me an ISP
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Looking for a new ISP to go ADSLMax with (rather than the lowish data rate I’m currently on). After a cheap low-usage deal, as currently I just scrape under my 5GB total cap – really need a bit more with the new laptop meaning I’m likely to use iPlayer a bit more, but 3GB peak, 30GB off-peak (as seems popular) will probably do, as I can schedule downloads for off-peak, though off-peak starting at 10pm (or even 8pm as I’ve seen with a quick search) would be handy for this.

Would really like something for less than the £18 I’m currently paying, though might go up to £20 a month if it was worth the difference. Mainly browsing, some downloading (though not doing much if any music / videos / bittorrent stuff), and some on-line gaming, so decent pings and no throttling would be good. Who do you lot use?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Virgin if you can get it. I got 10mb here and can get most of that all the time.

MinishMan
    Free Member

Just about to go o2 in my houshold – fed up of Orange’s crap (not the mtb manufacturer mind you, love my Orange 5)

We are currently paying £17.50 p/m for 2mbps, but can get o2 20mbps in our area for £15, or £10 cos my mum has an o2 mobile.

Worth checking their website to see if you can get ADSL2+ in your area. Thier customer service always seems to rank very highly too!

(unlimited data btw)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Should have pointed out, since recommendations always seem to be for LLU or cable, that I can’t get either here (and can’t foresee a time when I will be able to). After plain old BT line ADSL. Also unlikely to be able to get any sort of enhanced service unless 99%+ of the population can get it. Nor do I have a monthly mobile contract or satellite TV contract with which I can get a better broadband deal (on OVP Virgin and Orange PAYG – monthly bills between £0 and £10!)

…checked O2, and surprise, surprise I’m out of their network area, so not being an O2 customer it would cost me £22 a month.

Drac

adsl24 very fast and great prices.

Daffy

Sky? Do you have Sky TV?

failing that. Plusnet/Force9 have been perfect for me since 1996.

MinishMan
    Free Member

Bah unlucky about O2 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an ISP’ is closed to new replies.