Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Recommend me an electric milk frother?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Something like the Aerocino that comes with Nespresso set ups but just the frother. A Nespresso just costs a bit too much and I can do the espresso bit manually.

The ones on Amazon such as ones by Dualit get variable write ups.

Any one recommend one?

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

We bought one from Lakeland, similar to this one this one (I’m sure it was there own brand version). It works okay, though the non-stick coating has worn away where the milk has ‘burnt’ on one side of the base, if that makes sense? It’s over a year old now and gets used daily, though it’s getting temperamental and sometimes doesn’t work, so I can’t really say I would recommend one, though alternatives are limited.

Jamie
    Free Member

I use one of these.

Davesport

I know you said “electric” but have you tried frothing milk in a cafetiere ? I do this as a quick and easy alternative to firing up the espresso machine for hot frothy milk. It works an absolute treat 8)

konabunny
    Free Member

Can’t you buy the Nespresso bit separately?

aP
    Free Member

£70 to make frothy milk?
    And just when I thought I’d seen it all.

spooky_b329

I used to have a caffetiere style frother, a real pain to wash up and you had to undo dismantle the metal mesh and the bits that sandwich it every few days otherwise it would start to smell. Breaking it was the best thing that ever happened.

I use one of these now, £7 (think I saw them in Lakeland Plastics last week although didn’t check the price) and you just plunge it in your hot mug of milk, then give it a quick spin under the cold tap to clean. Its been used daily for the last year and still on its first set of batteries.

(clicky)

drlex
    Free Member

Can’t you buy the Nespresso bit separately?

Sure can; got mine for £40. Much easier than frothing with the espresso machine, greater capacity & a lot easier to clean afterwards.

jota180
    Free Member

Kryton57

Aerocinno does hot AND cold froth.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Spooky – looks like I have to heat the milk first?

Does anyone know if there are aerolatte style ones that heat the milk also?

Sounds like the cafetiere enclosed ones aren’t the best idea and v.expensive.

porlus
    Free Member

I had a Bialetti Tuttocrema. Works really well. Teflon coated and can be used on a hob. Fill with milk. Bring to the boil, turn off the heat then plunge the frothing handle a few times. Makes a nice thick foam. Even good at doing a hot chocolate.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Have one of these and it’s by far the easiest option. Heats the milk and does a bit frothy (for latte) and really frothy (for cappuccino.

spooky_b329

mtbtomo, yep, mug and milk in microwave for 90 seconds. Bonus is the mug is warmed at the same time so doesn’t go cold too quickly 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Aweshum schpamming!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

One of them Lakeland ones but about a quid from Ikea for the same thing.

Just use my coffee maker though now for the same thing but hot…

sharkbait
    Free Member

We have one of those little whizzy things and it seemed to take a long time. We also have a Bodum Frother which is very good for larger amounts

but now have a Nespresso so the Aerocinno is used a lot!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me an electric milk frother?’ is closed to new replies.