Recommend me a well paid part time job.

Home Forum Chat Forum Recommend me a well paid part time job.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Recommend me a well paid part time job.
  • I could do with working less hours as I could easily survive on less money.
    I’m a truck mechanic, but have no proper qualifications.
    Unfortunately, the transport industry is based around everyone doing 50+ hours a week.
    I’ve already agreed with my boss that I will do ~40 hours a week over 4 days, but there’s always something urgent comes up and I’m frequently doing more than that.

Looking at https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk and elsewhere, it seems that all the skilled jobs that I’ve got any chance of getting, paying £10+ an hour, are 40 hours, plus overtime, plus Saturdays.
    All the part time jobs are ~£6 an hour delivering catalogues or driving the old folks minibus.

So, bit of a mini rant, why does no one in engineering or transport want to employ anyone semi retired, or even 1/4 retired ?

Any suggestions for what I could do ?
    I’ve been searching and can’t find anything suitable.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

Find someone willing to do the other 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 of the work you’re not and present yourselves as a job share to prospective employers?

Pigface
    slackalice

How about becoming an Assessor?

Your field of expertise and experience would lend itself well to the various apprenticeships and NVQ’s.

There are plenty of training companies that operate nationwide and if your over 24 there is a course fee funding scheme called 24+, from what you’ve posted! you may well be eligible.

I’m just about to start my Assessor training later this month, mixing it also with a PTTLS course as, ultimately I want to get back into training. Experience, as I’ve found out, doesn’t cut it anymore, bits of firkin paper is where it’s at. Sometimes I feel as though I need an NVQ to go for a piss! My aim is to be able to mix both my hands on with tools and introduce the assessing and training, so whilst in the short to medium term I’ll effectively be working full time, I’ll have some variety and knowing that when I’m involved in something that I really enjoy, it no longer feels like work and happy to do as needs.

Hope this gives you another option to research.

jekkyl

Prostitute?

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Get round the local garages and see if they need anyone part time/holiday cover etc.

Self employed debt collector. Work for as many of the national agencies as you like (in the same post codes) and work whatever hours suit you.

hora

Council or Charity management?

Premier Icon obadiah
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber
    Premier Icon franksinatra
    Subscriber

Gigolo?

Who would pay him well for that?

Pigface

Who would pay him well for that?

Put that photo of him in the onsie in the ad and watch the cash roll in 😉

Premier Icon Garry_Lager
    Subscriber

Taxi-driver? Not the most sociable hours, but can be quite flexible in the right circumstances. Don’t know how much you’d be making but surely it’s above the £6 hour level.

Could you set up your own shade tree car mechanic operation? Everyone’s scared of working on their cars these days, even something like an oil change would flummox the majority of people. Yet we all feel fleeced taking it in to the dealer. Could make some money doing simple car work that doesn’t require much tooling.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Firefighter. 😀

mrmonkfinger

I’m a truck mechanic, but have no proper qualifications.

Mobile mechanic, do private car service work, go to peoples houses/workplace and work smaller jobs when you feel like it. Find a local garage looking to expand a bit, work out a commission deal with them.

Edit: see Gary Lager beat me to it.

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

If you have a certain moral flexibility, hitman?

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA3W36JVnRc[/video]
    Got some mates?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a well paid part time job.’ is closed to new replies.