Recommend me a watch for a morning gift

Home Forum Chat Forum Recommend me a watch for a morning gift

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Recommend me a watch for a morning gift
  • meesterbond

Lange and Sohne start at about £10k – don’t think they do anything in stainless steel any more, so I imagine that’s out… They’re really in the Patek, VC level.

Personally, I’d look carefully at IWC – very classy and if you’re after something slightly more dressy then the Portofino range is lovely.
    I’d be a little wary of Panerai – not that they aren’t great watches (I’ve got one myself which I love) but the 44mm ones do wear quite big and the 40mm Luminors (personally) don’t look right (too tall). If you can try one on (or even better pick up a Marina Militaire copy to wear for a few weeks first) then do.

Otherwise, JLC, whilst a bit more expensive, are very smart – manufacture movement across the range. Glashutte Original always seem very well put together – part of the Swatch empire, but very much at the higher end – the bracelets in particular are a step or two about Omega and Rolex.

Finally, Zenith have started doing some very nice pieces again…not sure of the prices, but seem to remember they weren’t excessive.

loddrik

I gotta marry me a Norwegian bird….

b r

tbh If you can’t agree on this, then why are you getting married?

(twice married, so have some experience in this area)

And as for the watch, often better with these kind of items to buy s/h, as you can often get a far better product for your money.

http://www.austinkaye.co.uk/Products/Pre-Owned-Watches/Default.aspx

I use to wear decent watches, but not since I broke my wrist – the scar was getting caught in the strap/bracelet 😳

Premier Icon Jerome
    Subscriber

Iwc portuguese woudl get my vote, but would only be second hand at that price.
    Junghans chronoscope looks very cool Also and lots of change for you.
    You cannot go wrong with a role sub..
    Me I have an iwc aquatimer 3538 which I bought 2nd hand and looks like being a keeper..
    J.

squiff

I would get one of these, the best watch there is

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a watch for a morning gift’ is closed to new replies.