Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Recommend me a watch for £100
  • thesurfbus
    Free Member

Looking for a new watch, budget is approx £100, don’t want a Kinetic and not bothered about lots of features, but would would prefer something rugged and waterproof.
    Have seen a Wenger Swiss Military watch in Costco for £120 that I quite like.

failedengineer

Have a look for Hanowa Swiss military, too. They should be around that price.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member
    IHN

And save yourself £93 🙂

But, on a serious note, Seiko.

jp-t853

I bought this for £90 recently from Creation Watches under the Seiko 5 section of the website. Lot of Dive watches for about that price

IvanDobski
    Free Member
    thesurfbus
    Free Member

Currently got a Seiko 5 automatic, it doesn’t keep very good time and I often don’t wear a watch for a few days and it stops (obviously), also it looks a bit girly on my man sized wrist. So something chunky and probably divers style.

hora
    Free Member

I bought this for £90 recently from Creation Watches under the Seiko 5 section of the website. Lot of Dive watches for about that price

NOICE

Its not there http://www.creationwatches.com/products/seiko-automatic-sports-89/

Do you have the serial number off the back of yours? 🙂

IHN

Currently got a Seiko 5 automatic, it doesn’t keep very good time

No reason why it shouldn’t, I have two and they’re both spot on. You can take the back cover off and adjust the regulator really easily if it’s running a bit fast/slow.

You may find a ‘chunkier’ Seiko one will last longer off the wrist (ahem) than a ‘normal’ one. I have a Seiko diver and a Seiko dress watch and the diver lasts longer when I’m not wearing it.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

£75 also available as freebie if you take out a £40 or so sub to Dive magazine. remember to cancel as soon as the watch arrives though.
    It’s a watch, it’s got hands, day and date, and luminous bits. says it’s waterproof to 200m, has been to 35 or so and still works. Face is slightly recessed below the bezel which has kept it fairly scratch free. Has had a few drops, scuffs and abuse, but still works. Might be a Seiko movement, but it keeps time as close as I need it.

jp-t853

Do you have the serial number off the back of yours?

Hi it is a SNZH71J they seem to have sold out. I have swapped the rubber strap for a leather pilot strap and it feels really comfy.

It is quite a large design

mrmo
    Free Member

swatch skin

light unobtrusive and tells me the time.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Thats a lot chunkier than my 5

globalti
    Free Member

Titanium Seiko. Light, rugged and boringly reliable.

Nobby

cbmotorsport – the claim of £375 rrp on that link is ludicrous, it’s more like £165. Stilll a decent watch and a good price though.

I just got my SNZG15J1 from HERE – limited to Seiko but good prices & great service.

jon1973
    Free Member

http://tinyurl.com/o3d6zks

Had mine for about 5 years now. Great watch. As an incompetent mountain biker, it’s served me well despite many spills.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Victorinox or Skagen

CountZero

G-Shock G-100, approx £50.
    Looks very much like this G-101:

withersea
    Free Member

John Lewis had loads of high end Casio g-shocks at half price the other week, worth a look

hora
    Free Member

If you have seriously big wrists (Im on the last 2 holes of a Gshock strap) get a Momentum Deepsea6 . My orange ones stunning and robust.

That Gshock is stunning 🙂

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Unfortuneately very little in stock in the John Lewis sale.
    I quite like this one

gonzy
    Free Member

i have the same one as jon1973 as my every day watch…have to agree with him that its a great watch for the price…i paid £58 from amazon but its even cheaper now…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a watch for £100’ is closed to new replies.