Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a tyre place in Edinburgh that won't damage my wheels
  • CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I've got fairly wide 18" alloys on my car. Last time I got a new pair fitted had them done at Kwik-Fit in Perth where I've been several times before.

Bottom line is that they marked both alloys while fitting the new tyres. They admitted responsibility but were rude and unhelpful about getting the issue sorted. In the end they did cough up for sorting them, but I now want to stay well clear of Kwik-Fit and possibly other major chains.

Now I work some of the time in Edinburgh can take the car somewhere they will treat it with respect

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Really, no-one? Or is everybody out riding

whyter

I use Farmers in Marchmont. I've no idea if they were careful with my wheels or not but the prices were OK, they had lots of tyres in stock, and the service was good (esp. the tall Polish chap).

You can see what they are doing in the workshop area too, so I guess you could nip out and shout if you thought they were about to put a scratch on them 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AlasdairMc

I second Farmers, using the one in Corstorphine. Better service than the monosyllabic grunting from Kwik Fit, and far cheaper too.

Edric64
    Free Member

As in you cant get thicker than a Kwik Fit fitter ?

Liftman

Use black circles . com and choose the garage in Tranent (cant remeber its name) he used bits of cardboard on the machine that pops the tyre on off. Was impressed when i saw the care the guy takes with the wheels.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Edric 64 – Member
    As in you cant get thicker than a Kwik Fit fitter ?

Almost right. Can't get thicker, surlier, or less customer focused than …. and it applies to the managers as well.

I'll try Farmers. Any other suggestions?

Really hacks me off that the big car dealers don't do tyres at sensible prices. Trust them the most and you have a decent area to wait in

stuartm555
    Free Member

CLCM in Sighthill are good

luke
    Free Member

RJ Strang in Broxburn

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Ta. I will give them all a shout today

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a tyre place in Edinburgh that won't damage my wheels’ is closed to new replies.