Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Recommend me a Trail tyre…
  • gizzardman
    Free Member

I’ve been running Nobby Nics front and rear for the last 7/8 months and up until recently been more than happy with them. During my last 2 visits to Cannock on the dog i’ve noticed that the front seems to feel more and more skittish and doesn’t give much grip. I’m running low pressures as they are tubeless on Stans rims.
    Not usre wheteher the trails have been eaten up a bit recently but the top surface felt quite loose??
    I’m off to Coed y Brenin in a few weeks time and should imagine the traila are packed quite similar to Cannock.

What low weight, fast rolling tyre would you recommend???

sparkywalts
    Free Member

Mountain King but i dont know if they do a UST

gizzardman
    Free Member

Don’t need UST. Any tyre will do as they’ll be going on Stans Arch rims?
    Just a thought… Could this lack of traction have anything to do with going from a DT Sqiss 5.1 rim (which is 28mm wide) to the Stan’s Arch (24.3mm)?

franki
    Free Member

It’s the dreaded Cannock pebbles. Your tyres are o.k. 🙂
    Never had traction issues at CYB!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Am guessing a narrower rim with the same tyre will be less stable, narrower base to support the tyre, allowing the tyre to move sideways more. That could feel like loose ground?

gizzardman
    Free Member

franki, good to know. I’m a big guy (200lbs) and ended up running about 25psi just to get some decent grip! Thanks for the advice mate

gizzardman
    Free Member

I agree Tracker although now i know that the trails at Cannock have a reputation then i’m inclined to think it’s the trail conditions rather than the tyres/rims.

jam-bo

rollers, rampages, big earls. i like them all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Trail tyre…’ is closed to new replies.