Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Recommend me a track pump £35 or less
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Looking at Blackburn air tower (?), Topeak Joe Blow, Lezyne Steel floor drive, Specialized air tool.

Any experiences with any of these or ones i may have missed off? No tesco or aldi offerings as i have broken 2 of those in the last 6 months. Must have good warranty/be rebuild-able which i am aware that Blackburn are good for that)

Most interested in Lezyne as its at my LBS

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I've had the yellow Joe Blow Sport for a while and very happy with it so far…it seems sturdy enough. I killed my Aldi one after one use.

AB
    Free Member

Me and all my riding buddies have these. I've had Silca and Blackburn pumps over the years and none come close. One of those superb products:

cp

Joe blow sport 2 for me- it's great, far better than the park one I had before it!!

thefallguy
    Free Member

joe blow sport or specialized air tool, you wont go far wrong

rolfharris
    Free Member

I've had the Topeak for about 3 years now and it's great.

We use Bontrager Super and Turbo Charger pumps in the workshop and I'd say avoid them. They're not particularly good in terms of reliability. WE've also got an Innovations one that's the fastest one I've used and is good quality- quicker than the Topeak, similar build quality.

oldfart

Joe Blow the one about £25 .top banana !

j_me
    Free Member

tesco do a metal track pump with guage for about £15 – they even sell it @ 50% off from time to time.

Does the job !

RealMan
    Free Member

I've had a specialized air tool for ages. The very bottom, plastic model I think. Works brilliant, even bought one for a mate as a birthday present, and he likes it as well.

Has enough puff to enflate and seal tubeless tyres, so I dont need a compressor or cartridges as well.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

J-Me

No tesco or aldi offerings as i have broken 2 of those in the last 6 months

ojom
    Free Member

PEDROS FTW

then Topeak.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

which pedros and how£?

skyhigh_71

Edinburgh bicycle co do one for <20 quid, aluminium barrel, pressue gauge etc. V well made & they even stock spare hoses.Served me v well for over 2 yrs with no problems

woffle
    Free Member

Another bright yellow Joe Blow here – 100 psi without a problem and seems pretty bombproof – good value for £25 odd as well…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I've had the Edbikeco-op one too and has done well for quite a few years. I've broken the plastic clip which holds the chuck/hose but apart from that its solid. I chuck it in the van on every road trip without worrying about it.

18bikes

plump for the classic – far better head, I 'll sort a deal out.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

JE James have the JoeBlow at £17 odd, i bought one yesterday.

coatesy
    Free Member

Don't be tempted by the Max version if you go for a Joe Blow, they feel horrible to use(really nasty plasticky handle), and unless you're a heavyweight with arms of steel you'll never get to a high pressure with it(though in fairness they do push in a lot of air per stroke).

momentum
    Free Member

I've had the joe blow for about five years, mostly used on road tyres where it gets 120 psi with no problem. Been ultra reliable and always performed well which is all you can ask for really. Have read that the Lezyne stuff is all well made so sure you won't go wrong with that either.

Keva
    Free Member

Joe Blow sport here, the yellow one. Works a treat, good solid feel to it, available in Halfords, less that £35.00, miles better than the Halfords Bike Hut one which soon developed a dodgy valve connector and then dodgy seals which eventually fell apart.

Kev

stumpy01

I've got a Joe Blow Max & it'll get up to 85psi without too much bother, but not sure it would go much higher. Inflates tyres bloomin' quick though – even large volume mountain bike tyres.

Seems well made & is nice & easy to use with the double head valve.

Bimbler
    Free Member

've had a specialized air tool for ages. The very bottom, plastic model I think. Works brilliant, even bought one for a mate as a birthday present, and he likes it as well.

Has enough puff to enflate and seal tubeless tyres, so I dont need a compressor or cartridges as well.

This. It works on my car and trailer too.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a track pump £35 or less’ is closed to new replies.