Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a tough case for Iphone 5S??!!
  • bones76
    Free Member

I need a tough durable outer case for my new iphone 5s thats getting delivered tomorrow.

Any recommendations appreciated?! The tougher the better as i have been known to drop phones every now and then!!!

Thanks

jam-bo

lifeproof

Jaz1979
    Free Member

+1 on the lifeproof

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not waterproof, but I just got a simple leather ‘wallet’ for my S4 that holds a few cards and some notes. The leather’s done a good job of protecting the phone, droped from moving bike with no problems!

This kind of thing (although I’m sure it was nearer £15):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WALLET-LEATHER-FLIP-CASE-COVER-FOR-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S4-I9500-FREE-SCREEN-PROTECTOR-/181256816817#ht_2224wt_959

Positives, £500 phone doesn’t look like a childs toy and the case folds on the back of the phone to form a stand for watching films on the train etc.

Negatives, the S4 uses a magnet in the case to sense when it’s closed and turn off the screen, but it senses it when you fold it back the other way to use it as a phone. No idea how iPhones know when to switch off, if it’s the same it’s irritating.

zippykona

I think he’s solved them all.

kristoff
    Free Member

I use an otterbox defender not waterproof but definitely tough! 🙂

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

Lifeproof for 5s isn’t out yet.
    Am holding off phone upgrade until the case is available.

I’ve had Lifeproof on my 4 for 3 years now. The phone inside is in perfect condition, even though its had a stupidly tough life. Climbing, mtbing, sailing, toddlers….., work in the construction industry – it has survived everything.

drslow
    Free Member

@49er_Jerry, yes it is. I have one great case.

bones76
    Free Member

After a little research i will be going for the Lifeproof Fre which looks just what am after… though a little pricey but guess it beats breaking the phone!!!

CountZero

After a little research i will be going for the Lifeproof Fre which looks just what am after… though a little pricey but guess it beats breaking the phone!!!

It only has to be dropped onto rocks, or a stoney trail, for it to be value for money, especially over the life of the phone.

solarider
    Free Member

Otterbox Defender.

Brilliant and bombproof.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I would get the Lifeproof Nuud not the Fre, because it doesn’t cover the screen in a rubber johnnie.

But I also discovered Mophie do a combined ruggedised case and battery pack, which could be ideal for biking weekends and camping trips, especially given the 5S battery performance.

jam-bo

im working on the basis I’ll get the cost of the lifeproof case back in increased resale value of my iphone 5 when I upgrade to an iphone 6 in october.

crispo
    Free Member

Sorry to Hijack – just looking at the otterbox ones. Not after quite as heavy duty so the prefix one says it works with docks which appeals to me. Anyone got one? Do they still work with the thumb print recognition on the 5s?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a tough case for Iphone 5S??!!’ is closed to new replies.