Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Recommend me a torch/light
  • z1ppy

I know you love a good torch thread, I’m after one with a difference, I want something like the rolson bed light but brighter for inspection purposes

I regularly have my head stuck in a dark cupboard/cabinet trying to locate computer cables/sockets and my trust old T6 (18650 torch) is too bright, can’t be stood up (would be too tall if it did) and is too focused. So I’d like some smallish, like the rolson which is 3cm tall x 7cm diameter, but brighter, with a diffuse beam.

CountZero

How about a cheap LED headlight from Wilco, or somewhere similar, I’ve got a couple of cheap ones, they’re not to bright, and I use mine quite a lot for close-up work.

z1ppy

Cheers, but I want a free standing unit, and though I could use a head torch like that, the strap would snag crap. I may have just answered my own question as I’ve found Rolson do a 3W (220lm) version of the bed light (90lm) I’ve pictured, Doh!

CraigW
    Free Member
    z1ppy

I like that alpkit one, tad expensive (admittedly for decent rechargeable battery) for my needs though. Thanks

TheDTs
    Free Member
    z1ppy

Bigger that I want DT’s, as I do have a ‘mechanics’ type inspection lamp already, thanks for the suggestion though

ajaj
    Free Member

There are various versions of the Alpkit light on eBay/Amazon, much cheaper than Alpkit. I have one of each. The Alpkit one has a much better magnet but there’s not much else between them. The eBay ones come in different capacities and LED configuration.

househusband

Another vote for the NEBO Big Larry as suggested by TheDTs; very powerful, very robust and the magnet is immensely strong!

(I need a powerful LED inspection lamp for gauging wall thickness when woodturning hollowforms and deep vessels…)

z1ppy

Rolson 3W (220lm) turned up, bloody bright, nice and small, just what I needed, but thanks for the suggestions

ElShalimo

@z1ppy – can you post a link please?

devash
    Free Member

Fenix PD-35

http://www.fenixtorch.co.uk/Shop/Fenix-Torches/PD-Series/13151-Fenix-PD35-Tactical.html

Expensive but built to last and you can control the beam level. The bezel also acts as a strike tool.

z1ppy

Rolson 61607 3 W COB Round Light for Elshalimo, Halfords (& others) do stock them, but delivery was pretty quick from those guys

ElShalimo

Thanks z1ppy !

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a torch/light’ is closed to new replies.