Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Recommend me a tattoo
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’ve considered getting one for a while but not really known what to go for. What would you recommend? How do you decide what you want? Does anyone do their own designs or just go into a tattoo shop and get one drawn up?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Pick something you like, find an awesome artist and discus what you want, wait, wait some more and let them come up with an awesome design. And don’t be afraid to travel.

sc-xc

Hmmm.

iolo
    Free Member

If you don’t know what to get don’t get one.
    It has to be personal to you. Get a good artist to draw it.
    Take it to a good tattoo guy who will change it a bit.
    Get the tattoo done. What’s the point of getting any old tat that means nothing?
    And for the love of god don’t get this tribal shit unless you’re Samoan.

yunki
    Free Member

What about a tattoo of Beaker, from The Muppets?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Well yeh, not to keen on the tribal stuff, what about Chinese letters?

But seriously, I dont have a clue. My mate was on about getting a dotted pattern up her forarm, that sounded pretty cool, anyone gone for anything like that?

What about something bike related?

bob_summers

this takes some beating

footflaps

What about something bike related?

Something original like a chain ring scar on your calf or maybe 32:16 on your bicep?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

what about Chinese letters?

http://hanzismatter.blogspot.ca/

boxfish
    Free Member

Edinburgh?

yunki
    Free Member

I have a tattoo of some custard on my forearm

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Very funny guys, and it’s made think a bit more about getting something I actually want, as some of those are shocking!

JEngledow
    Free Member

A friend of mine has a few tattoos, but what he does is decide the design and exactly where he wants it then waits 6months, if anything changes in that time then the 6months starts again. If he still want’s it after 6months then he gets it permanently, if you can’t wait 6months then it’s not worth it!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

A tattoo doesn’t need a meaning, choose something that looks good, and don’t go getting an artist to draw anything, you are going to a tattoo ARTIST, if they’re any good of course, just get some reference material together….

This is some of my dotwork

IanMunro
    Free Member

I reckon this on your chest –

Then something like this on your face but with KoM crowns rather than stars.

I’d make sure the crowns are small so there was enough space for them all.

jameso

32:16 on your bicep

I had that done when SS was new. Got a 29er now and still on the same gear, keeping it real.

Jamie
    Free Member

How about something subtle, like some cock and balls on your cock and balls.

footflaps

Guy in the local bike shop had 55:11 on his arm – he was a roadie….

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Nice dots schrickvr6.

I searched cycling tattoo’s on google images and therte’s some shockers……

philtricklebank

Something veterinary perhaps?

Dark-Side

bob_summers – Member
    this takes some beating

That is amazing, I really hope its real.

footflaps

What about this work of genius:

scotroutes

I believe this one is the best there is.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu-p_gsP5VI[/video]

Get in quick though, it sells out early.

footflaps

Still looking for inspiration?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I quite like something like that, sort of captures how I feel when Im at my best on the road. Dancing up climbs like I have wings.

vinnyeh

Hmmm +1

Dickyboy

maybe a fishing line with a lot of fishys hooked on it

andypaul99
    Free Member

Something easy to remove?

tazzymtb

😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Something easy to remove?

To be fair, some kid gave me a henna tattoo at a festival earlier this year, and I forgot I had it. But I saw sad when I looked at my arm a few weeks later and it had gone

MrSparkle

I just have ACAB across my knuckles.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I just have ACAB across my knuckles.

Ha, my mate has that across his wrist!

CaptainSlow

Decide on the style you like – tribal, jap, Chinese, modern etc then research artists. Talk to some of the artists, decide on one.. Trust in the artist and go with the flow. It’s an experience that you should thoroughly enjoy (if tattoos are for you).

Try to avoid picking one out of a book or getting one where the artist uses a transfer. You ideally want it sketched onto your skin first so you can see the design and work on it with the artist. Then once your happy, out comes the ink gun and the journey continues.

I’ve just posted mine on tazzys thread. Ive got pics of this one in various stages – when it was being drawn on, then when it was being inked over the sessions. I’ve even got a bit of video from each stage.

Remember it doesn’t matter what other people like, it’s what you like that counts – unless of course you’re going to tattoo hitlers left testicle to your chin in which case my advice would be don’t do it..

Jamie
    Free Member

But I saw sad when I looked at my arm a few weeks later and it had gone

You saw sad? That’s a bit meta.

tazzymtb

“ACAB”? all Cyclists are beautiful? that’s a lovely sentiment,sparkly old chap 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

Just avoid trendy ones. It was tribal pointy things (thanks to dusk till dawn) then the Celtic bands now the Polynesian style seems to be in. Whilst the likes of sonny bill Williams look good, dave from Milton Keynes can’t quite carry it off.
    Get some mags, look on some sites and find stuff you like.
    I’d like something blackwork by Amanda ruby. She’s awesome.

chewkw
    Free Member

? ? = jackpot. Any good?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Any good? Potentially regret it though.

tazzymtb

It was tribal pointy things (thanks to dusk till dawn) then the Celtic bands

think you’ll find Celtic ones and tribal pointy were around long before dusk til dawn and mainly in the alternative subcultures…then townies saw them in popular cinema and copied. now tribal tends to be the preserve of the serial steroid abusers

jameso

unless of course you’re going to tattoo hitlers left testicle to your chin in which case my advice would be don’t do it..

But how would anyone know it was hitlers? It’d be fine.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a tattoo’ is closed to new replies.