Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a strimmer please
  • mandog

for the grass.

Ideally I’d like a Honda but it’s outside my budget. Don’t have a lot to strim but hate keep having to pull out the nylon cord so fixed blade better I think.

Budget 100 quid.

racefaceec90

😉

qwerty
    Free Member

If your bush is that gnarly try waxing 😉

seavers
    Free Member

What work have you got to do? Big areas are best using a strimmer with a 4 stroke engine cow-horn handles and a harness. Also a visor and some ear defenders should be used.

From my experience of grounds maintenance…some years ago admittedly a fixed blade is only good if you are clearing a wide area of long grass and things like brambles etc and you are pretty sure you don’t have to ‘tidy up’ around any fixed objects. Also you can get plastic and metal blades, the metal ones can be quite dangerous if you don’t have experience of using them. The plastic ones will at least shatter if you hit a rock.

But like I said it all depends on what you have to do. Is it a one off?(hire one) or on going Maintenance?

mandog

on going maintenance, small areas, edges of lawn kind if thing. I guess i’ll discount the fixed blade.

saleem
    Free Member

Home base had a petrol one at £100 today.

restless
    Free Member

My strimmer has automatic cord feed so when it snaps , the wire feeds itself through so I dont have to touch it.

I think it is Black and Decker.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a strimmer please’ is closed to new replies.