Recommend me a SS cog!

Home Forum Bike Forum Recommend me a SS cog!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommend me a SS cog!
  • Premier Icon Paulio

I’ve used the On-One Groove Armada and currently use Surly ones. No issues with either of them and would recommend both.

Premier Icon on and on

As much as I hate superstar, the wide base sprockets are cheap and last in nasty conditions.

On-one groove armada.

Premier Icon takisawa2

Nowt wrong with the superstar ones I’ve had. Likewise King & Surly ones at several times the price.

Premier Icon Shackleton

I’ve had a king stainless one for over 3 years. Truly a thing of beauty. Works well too.

Building up my new single speed bike, looking for a decent wide based ss cog, that hasn’t been made wonky like my old superstar one is! I’ve seen CTBM selling the WTB LaserDisc cog, but that looks to be from the same factory as the Superstar one…

So, what are you using, and most importantly is it central and not on the wonk!!

Any one tried the Niner Cogalicious? Looks to be well made and suitably blingy.

Premier Icon jameso

Gusset Widefoot is good vfm, from CTB.

king are lovely (donated mine to someone from here to get the started on the SS thing), surly and on-one last for ages, found the superstar ones a bit fragile but good VFM

Niner one is Aluminium, so might not last that long.

There’s a lot for hate for the WTB one on MTBR, not exactly sure why. Mainly becasue it’s stamped steel, from what I could gather.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a SS cog!’ is closed to new replies.