Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Recommend me a Smartphone Please!
  • hitman
    Free Member

Coming from an Apple iPhone 3G which I managed to break. Looking for a similar experience but it doesn’t have to be an iPhone again. Need for text, email and to surf the net. Looking to spend £100-£150 and would consider second hand. Any advice would be great as I’ve lost touch with new developments in the smartphone market.
    cheers

Jamie
    Free Member

Motorola Moto G from Tesco.*

Then get an unlock code from Si Green on eBay for £2.

*Currently out of stock at the mo.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFD0Nm2dOHw[/video]

disben

Motorola Moto G – £89 from Tesco if your new to Tesco Direct.

Just gave to my wife for christmas – better than anything else at that price by far!

(£2.04 to get unlocked on ebay)

thepurist

Yep MotoG – does all you need and now has KitKat too.

hitman
    Free Member

Motorola Moto G – £89 from Tesco if your new to Tesco Direct.

Just gave to my wife for christmas – better than anything else at that price by far!

(£2.04 to get unlocked on ebay)
    cheers both
    disben do you have a link for this deal?
    would you choose the moto G over a used iphone 4?

disben

This link will get you it for £94 – can’t find the link for the £10 off now – maybe not available.

Tesco doesn’t have it atm but you can sign up for update emails! I did that when they first came out back in Nov and it was available very quickly!

Jamie
    Free Member

…depending on the urgency. You can get the 8GB version, there is a 8 and 16GB version, unlocked from Amazon for £129.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ECBREK2/

cp

Another moto g user here. No other phone comes close at the moment – just brilliant, and amazing for the money.

Although out if stock online, its in stock in some stores

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Moto g in store at Tesco Abingdon. I know because I bought one 2 hours ago.

Basil

I have An Iphone 4 due to work. It is sh*t
    Above looks good.
    Wife has a Nokia Lumia and the windows system is good to use.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have An Iphone 4 due to work. It is sh*t

It’s really not.

aracer
    Free Member

moto g – with a screen which goes to 11.

Basil

Just checked, It really is sh*t

heisenberg
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

What a shit website – which only works on a laptop if you make your window smaller.

scotroutes

try http://www.quechuaphone.com

That link was to the mobile site

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s just the mobile version, hence the m. at the beginning of the URL.

http://www.quechuaphone.com

…..it’s £50 over the OP’s budget, tho.

Edit: Dammit.

iolo
    Free Member

I have an iphone 4. I got it when they were released.
    Still works perfectly and I prefer it to the S4 I also have.
    Horses for courses I suppose.

gogg
    Free Member

I switched from a Blackberry (had them for the last 7 years) to a Samsung S4 as I needed android or IOS, didn’t want apple and now long for my old Blackberry. Samsung is too clever for it’s own good and doesn’t work in the same location on the same network as my Blackberries have.

Very unimpressed, it’s too smart for it’s own good!

joolsburger
    Free Member

I have a 4 and an S3 the Samsung is pants in comparison. Apple seems to have a better grasp of phones than the rest but how much £££? Colleage has a Nokia windows jobbie and it seems pretty bloody good and Nokia are nothing if not reliable lots of good deals around on those. Avoid 3 at all costs – Worst. Network. Ever.

TiRed

Blackberry 9720 is a fine phone. I’ve been a BB user for many years and will not use anything without a proper keyboard. Currently have a Bold that is well out of budget, but the 9720 is pretty much just as good judging by a play on my friend’s new one. If I lost my Bold, that is what I would replace it with.

Wife had an iPhone, awful device with a screen that will crack when you look at it. iPods and iPads are fine devices, but the phones are not. She now has a Samsung S4, and it is nice to use, easy to set up, and nicer for browsing.

On the plus side; nobody will steal your new BB and you can leave it on the table and it will still be there when you get back 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

Wife had an iPhone, awful device with a screen that will crack when you look at it.

I assume you are looking at it with a hammer? Especially as the iPhone, as well as the Samsung S4 and most modern smartphones, come with Gorilla Glass.

closetroadie
    Free Member

Can you tether the Motorola Moto G to a Nexus 7 easy enough? Has bluetooth and runs the same o/s so I would expect it to.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yes.

woody2000

One thing to note – the Moto G doesn’t come with a charger, just a USB cable. I found mine wouldn’t charge from a PC, nor would it charge from a wall charger with USB output @ 0.7A, I could only get it to charge with my Blackberry charger which outputs 1.5A. It may just be mine, but worth bearing in mind.

Great phone though!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Smartphone Please!’ is closed to new replies.