Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • recommend me a single speed frame
  • jonba
    Free Member

140mm forks, 26″ wheels as I have those already.

Ideally dedicated singlespeed or at least something like ebb, slot drops etc.

Not a carbon 456 but light.

Was about to buy a Chumba HX1 but they have gone off the site.

Got a list of

Pipedream
    Surly
    Singular?
    Dialled bikes
    Sanderson
    Santa cruz

Quite literally sat credit card in hand as I’d like a replacement frame asap…

Sam

What size? I have one last Hummingbird frame in large available I can do a deal on. Might want to drop your forks down to 120 though.

Sam

What size? I have one last Hummingbird frame in large available I can do a deal on. Might want to drop your forks down to 120 though.

atlaz
    Free Member

Two thumbs up for the Hummingbird from me if you are okay with less travel. Great bike.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Had a Dialled Love/Hate and it felt ‘dead’ in comparison to the Curtis I own now. I know its only a cheapish frame but even compared to my old Inbred SS frame, the Love/Hate felt dull.

Why not a 456C? Ticks a load of boxes. Chameleon is nice but IMHO expensive for what it is.

nbt

140m forks on SS? Rather you than me

I can confirm that Love/Hates are indeed, dead. No pulse, heart beat or working organs. Dead, I tell thee!

jonba
    Free Member

I’ve now bought an inbred and some new forks. Anyone need some revelations and a 456 with a stripped BB shell?

nbt – Member
    140m forks on SS? Rather you than me

Been fine for 3 years… Knackered the BB shell on the frame so needed a replacement.

Would have loved something bling but have a nicer full suss (and road and cx bike) so this just needs to function. Didn’t want to keep running a tensioner though.

Muke
    Free Member

Orange P7 does everything 😀

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

140mm forks one. Ht Ss = bell end unless you cn back it up by riding narliar tracks!

jonwe
    Free Member

Dialled love/hate. Got mine set up with rigid exotic carbon forks. I initially built this up as my winter snotter but love it so much i take it out in preference to its rather more exotic cousin whenever there’s not a geared gang to be kept up with. Fantastic uphill and down and deals with all the mud the chiterns can throw at it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘recommend me a single speed frame’ is closed to new replies.