Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Recommend me a shed roof solar panel kit
  • Premier Icon nick1962
    Free Member

Need to add some lighting (LED?) and possibly power for a hifi to a metal shed at the end of the garden.Roof gets plenty of sun in summer but not so much in winter.Any experiences/recommendations/pitfalls?

Premier Icon neilc1881
    Free Member

I use a lot of the ebay ECO-WORTHY 100W panels on huts I build, never had any issues with the solid ones. Flexi was useless though. Run the LED straight off 12V and get the best pure sine inverter you can find/afford to run the hifi through.

Premier Icon nick1962
    Free Member

Cheers I’ll check them out.

Premier Icon sharkbait
    Free Member

…. or just get a battery charger to charge a [leisure] battery in the house every now and then.

I’ve done this with a beach hut and found that a car stereo, with some decent car speakers, soaked up a fairly large chunk of power – the lights didn’t seem to use that much.
    We now use bluetooth speakers that we can charge at home as they seem to be more power efficient yet still sound good.
    Even with a solar panel you’ll probably still nee to charge the battery occasionally.

Otherwise do it properly and run 240v down the garden.

Premier Icon nick1962
    Free Member

Otherwise do it properly and run 240v down the garden.

Would love to but would mean going under or over a public road!

Premier Icon trail_rat
    Free Member

I have 2* ecoworthy 150w panels on the roof of my camper.

We have 2*115 a/h leisure batteries .

We never need to charge it.

Runs independently off the sun even if we don’t drive it about for the week.

Premier Icon sharkbait
    Free Member

Does the camper charge the leisure batteries also?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.