Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a shares App,cheers
  • dannymite1981
    Free Member

I’m a complete beginner with this but would like to start putting a little bit of money into stocks and shares,and just seeing how I go with it.Ive had a look at a few apps and not sure which one to sign up to,I’m ideally after one that is fairly simple to use,so if anyone has any suggestions I’m all ears.
    Cheers

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I use ADVFN. Real time share prices and other info on shares around the world. Also the HL app for investing, and Trustnet for fund and trust info.

gonefishin
    Free Member

I use the HL one and it seems okay. Whichever one you choose though I’d suggest funds rather than shares. As an amateur you are much more likely to get a consistent return in the long run if you avoid individual company shares.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

” As an amateur you are much more likely to get a consistent return in the long run if you avoid individual company shares.”

+1, though I prefer Trusts…

dannymite1981
    Free Member

Cheers for advice,like I said I won’t be risking much probably just a couple of hundred quid at first and see if I get the jist of it.

belfastflyer
    Free Member

I use yahoo finance to track my shares and funds.

I purchase my funds directly from vanguard for my s&s isa and use halifax share dealing for any individual shares I want to buy.

belfastflyer
    Free Member

Also, before you invest anything, I strongly recommend you read Smarter Investing by Tim Hale. It’s a must read

scruff9252

Investing in individual shares is akin to gambling. You may want to research index trackers – pick an appropriately broad and balanced portfolio. Guaranteed to have moderate performance but with a lower risk than putting your cash into individual companies.

Vanguard / HL / AJ Bell seem to be the main platforms

scruff9252

As it so happens, on today’s Meaningful Money Podcast, Pete is interviewing JL Collins who wrote “the simple path to wealth”. This is a frequently recommended book, Worth an hour listening

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a shares App,cheers’ is closed to new replies.