Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a Secure Bike Storage Shed thing – DIY or Buy
  • walowiz

I’m after a secure storage solution for 3-4 bikes; an e-shopping bike and mine and the kids mtbs.

I have built a log cabin with recessed ground anchors etc, but we are now using that for other things now the house renovation is on :(, so need somewhere to store the bikes that will be used over the next 4-5 months.

Am open to DIY or buy (but my budget isn’t massive for this). Either way, I can construct a concrete base easily enough for this.

It’s got to be reasonably secure and importantly not a complete PITA to get the bikes out each time someone needs one. None of this removing 4 bikes to get to the one at the back :). Done that and it’s a pain.

Looked at the asgard stuff, but it’s supa expensive and read some reports of it being easy to cut through and not as secure as the price tag suggests.
    Wooden pent shed is the cheapest and easiest, but not v. secure. Though I suppose it might be possible to line the inside somehow to prevent easy access.

What do the STW massif suggest ?

I can’t be the only person to not have buckets of cash, but want to keep the family bikes dry and safe.

(I have searched stw, but nothing really came up from here – apart from a load of ads, or possibly I just got sidetraked by the shed threads !)

kayak23

I think if you diy and make it secure enough it’ll easy cost you as much as an Asgard.

Asgard can be cut through sure, anything can really, but the point is it’ll make a total racket, and they are convenient and very easy to put up.

I’ve got an Asgard Trojan. I’ve fixed axle clamps to the back wall so I can get four bikes in stood on their back wheels.

Might be a no go for you if you don’t want to remove front wheels though.

misteralz
    Free Member

Do BT still sell off the back halves of their Transits? Used to go for about £150. They’re ready made workshops that are watertight and secure. Ugly, but a bamboo screen is cheap.

burko73

Not cheap but we recently got a couple of these at work- they do a bike store that’s a bit like the one the quad th8ng is pictured in/out of. Not cheap but pretty cost effective regarding security compared to building a decent t8mber shed. You’d prob not need a concrete base.

http://www.cleveland-sitesafe.co.uk/bike-storage/p33

walowiz

Not cheap but we recently got a couple of these at work- they do a bike store that’s a bit like the one the quad th8ng is pictured in/out of. Not cheap but pretty cost effective regarding security compared to building a decent t8mber shed. You’d prob not need a concrete base.

http://www.cleveland-sitesafe.co.uk/bike-storage/p33

Impressive kit, but way too large a footprint for the space I’ve got. Expensive, but worth it from the looks of it.

walowiz

Do BT still sell off the back halves of their Transits? Used to go for about £150. They’re ready made workshops that are watertight and secure. Ugly, but a bamboo screen is cheap

Thanks, I’ve never heard of this !

Will google it out of interest – but I don’t think I can get half a van round the back at the moment ! Has to be something that can be dismantled and then built / reassembled.

Love STW for the info it turns up 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Secure Bike Storage Shed thing – DIY or Buy’ is closed to new replies.