Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Recommend me a Rum
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

@ian Mount Gay sponsor quite a few sailing events, their product is gleefully and gratefully consumed in a variety of ways 8)

Rum and coke with ice for me if Mount Gay. Personally I prefer flavoured rums, home made by the bar.

Cougar

I am not a rum drinker, so how should it be consumed ? straight, ice, mixer ?

Speaking as someone who gets twitchy if I get whisky that isn’t served in a Glencairn glass,

There are no doubt various theories as to how you should drink rum “properly,” but as with any alcohol the correct answer is only ever “however you prefer to drink it.”

jkomo

Pussers Navy Rum makes my face go numb, which I like.
    It takes nice too.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I have the remains of a bottle of Ron de Jeremy, very nice it is too. Woods and OVD make up the rest of my rums. The wife has a few different spiced.ones but I find them sickly.
    A coupe of white rums too, Club Havana 3 year old and Ron Caney, which are both great compared to the tasteless Bacardi.

Cougar

Pussers Navy Rum makes my face go numb, which I like.

You’re supposed to consume it orally not topically.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The decision was made and ordered by post 13. 🙂

noshed
    Free Member

+1 for Diplomatico.

Hands down best dark rum for the money at around £40

Edit: This is not to be taken with Coke, at least not the black stuff 😯

iainc

First sip just taken of the Mount Gay X0 neat in a tumbler, tasty…. 😀

ourmaninthenorth

First sip just taken of the Mount Gay X0 neat in a tumbler, tasty….

Mine’s arriving tomorrow….

Kryton57

Bit jealous of Iain C. Can only find the XO at £33 on Amazon? My local supply is £22…

By coincidence im off for a drink with my Jamaican friend tomorrow in a chilled R&B/Jazz bar. Last time around I introduced her to XO and she’s hooked – sipping that neat in that environment having a chat is very cool.

iainc

^^ it was £26 yesterday on the PSA 😀 arrived mid afternoon today and is going down just nicely….

breadcrumb

I’m currently enjoying-

Arguably the best thing to come out of Whitehaven..

chewkw
    Free Member

I am getting meself a bottle of 10 yr old brandy this weekend, Torres Gran Reserva brandy from Waitrose.

Never tried Spanish brandy before.

😆

Kryton57

How did you get on IainC? Addictive isn’t it.

iainc

Kryton – I just had a small one, as a school night – was lovely mind you 🙂

sadexpunk

Mount Gay XO currently on offer on Amazon!

i took advantage of this offer, but i think im just a rum (and whisky) heathen…..
    bought two bottles and last night thought id do a taste test alongside my morgans spiced gold, and morgans dark rum. 3 glasses next to each other, randomly slurped throughout the evening, finally decided i preferred the spiced gold and didnt much care for the dark rum. the XO was just meh really.

in the end i took cougars advice ^^^ and decided that the best way to drink rum is however you enjoy it most and i er….. put some ice and coke in it 😳

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

I had the El Dorado 5yr old on Sat (pretty mucvh finished 1/2 the bottle hic hic) was on sale at Sainsbury’s at 20. It was very very very nice.

Def. going to sample the 12yr old.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Rum’ is closed to new replies.