Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recommend me a road tyre for my Mavic TN 719 rim.
  • inbred853

As title, I’m after some slick tyres to get some road miles in on my Salsa El Mar and general commuting. A bit unsure with all the road tyre sizing and what tyre would fit on the rim.
    Any recommendations? Ta.

midlifecrashes

Schwalbe Big Apple? Decent grip off tarmac too with the big contact patch, and super smooth rolling on rougher roads. 2″ is plenty, I wouldn’t bother with the 2.35″ version.

inbred853

Cheers mlc, looking for something a bit skinnier than 2″. Looking at some Continentals on CRC, but have to get my heed round the road bike sizing in ref to the width, Sheldon Brown time I think!

flange
    Free Member

Gatorskins in a 28mm size will do the job nicely. Run some myself on the same rim

inbred853

Cheers Flange, I’ll have a look.

Northwind

Really liking my Kojaks… I’m using the 1.35 (skinny rims) but the 2.0’s still pretty dang light for a 26er road tyre, and will probably be a bit under 2 inches in reality if the sizing holds true.

They’re expensive in the UK mind but bikediscount.de just restocked at a saner price.

inbred853

Cheers all, just ordered some Gatorskins off Wiggle.

flange
    Free Member

They will last forever. I’m yet to wear one out…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Have a look at Schwalbe Marathon Supremes. They are light, fast rolling and pretty hard wearing. They are nothing like the leaden standard Marathons. Pricey, but you’ll get thousands of miles out of them, puncture protection is very good too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a road tyre for my Mavic TN 719 rim.’ is closed to new replies.